|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Near-equal physical damage distribution – effective against all factions, Sentients and Shadow Stalker.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Fastest fire rate of all burst-fire rifles.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Can use the Burston Prime-exclusive Gilded Truth.
- Third lowest base damage per bullet of all burst-fire rifles, after Paracyst and Burston/ Hind/ Kuva Hind.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Poor ammo efficiency.
- Burston Prime, compared to Burston:
- Higher base damage (36.0 vs. 30.0)
- Higher critical chance (18% vs. 6%)
- Higher critical multiplier (1.8x vs. 1.6x)
- Higher status chance (30% vs. 18%)
- Higher fire rate (13.64 rounds/sec vs. 7.83 rounds/sec)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 0)
- Lower disposition (1.35 vs. 1.45)
Burston Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
|Meso C6 Common
Lith B3 Common (V)
Lith O1 Common (V)
Lith P2 Common (V)
Lith S10 Common (V)
Lith T1 Common (V)
Meso C5 Common (V)
Meso V1 Common (V)
Neo R3 Common (V)
Neo S6 Common (V)
Neo T1 Common (V)
Axi L5 Common (V)
Axi S6 Common (V)
Axi T3 Common (V)
|Meso G2 Uncommon
Lith F2 Uncommon (V)
Lith P3 Uncommon (V)
Meso S8 Uncommon (V)
Neo B1 Uncommon (V)
Neo V5 Uncommon (V)
Axi G3 Uncommon (V)
Axi G4 Uncommon (V)
Axi H3 Uncommon (V)
Axi P3 Uncommon (V)
Axi T1 Uncommon (V)
Axi T2 Uncommon (V)
|Neo E2 Common
Neo I2 Common
Axi A11 Common
Lith C4 Common (V)
Lith D1 Common (V)
Lith N3 Common (V)
Lith S5 Common (V)
Meso L1 Common (V)
Meso T1 Common (V)
Meso Z1 Common (V)
Neo G3 Common (V)
Neo H1 Common (V)
Neo S3 Common (V)
Axi G2 Common (V)
|Lith D3 Common|
Lith K1 Common (V)
Lith M5 Common (V)
Lith S9 Common (V)
Lith V1 Common (V)
Meso C3 Common (V)
Meso N3 Common (V)
Meso S5 Common (V)
Neo B4 Common (V)
Neo H2 Common (V)
Neo M2 Common (V)
Neo S2 Common (V)
Neo V6 Common (V)
Neo Z4 Common (V)
Neo Z5 Common (V)
Axi O3 Common (V)
Lith, Meso, Neo, and Axi refer to Void Relics | (V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics | (B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Burston Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Burston Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Burston Prime has a fast burst, making it decent in long-range combat.
- The Burston has arguably better ammo efficiency than the Soma or Synapse due to its burst-fire nature.
- Fire rate mods ( Speed Trigger, Shred, Gilded Truth, etc.) reduce the delay between bursts, but did not increase the fire rate of the actual bullets themselves. As of Hotfix 17.4.3, fire rate mods now increase the fire rate of the burst itself.
- It isn't advised to put a Heavy Caliber on the Burston Prime as this weapon benefits more in close to mid range situations with its high accuracy and damage over long range situations where hitting enemies with all bullets becomes more difficult.
- Modifying the magazine can sometimes be problematic, as you might be reduced to only 1 or 2 rounds in your last shot. A Max Rank Wildfire or a Rank 3 Magazine Warp will give you a magazine of 54, allowing you 18 bursts before reloading. This ensures you will always fire 3 rounds in every burst.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Burston Prime has noticeably less golden ornamentation than previous Prime weapons.
- At the time of its release, the Burston Prime was the first Prime weapon whose component drops were exclusive to the Orokin Derelict instead of the Orokin Void. Update 12 has since moved some component drops into the Void.
- The Burston Prime is the first Prime primary weapon to receive a Weapon Augments mod.
- The Burston Prime's gold parts can be recolored as of Update 15.13.
- During a flashback to The Old War in Erra (Quest), an Excalibur Prime is seen wielding the Burston Prime, albeit firing in full-auto mode. This implies that the weapon was more powerful in the past, matching the weapon's Codex entry.
Media[edit | edit source]
Burston Prime Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Burston, the non-Prime variant of this weapon.
- Sicarus Prime, the pistol counterpart.
- Sicarus, the non-Prime pistol counterpart
- Prime, the original Orokin weapon or Warframe.
- Gilded Truth, a Burston Prime exclusive Syndicate mod.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.