|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Near-equal physical damage distribution – effective against all factions, Sentients and Shadow Stalker.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Fastest fire rate of all burst-fire rifles.
- Comes with a polarity.
- Can use the Burston Prime-exclusive Gilded Truth.
- Low base damage.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Linearly less efficient. Sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, requiring another burst to be fired.
- Poor ammo efficiency.
- Burston Prime, compared to Burston:
- Higher base damage (36.0 vs. 30.0)
- Higher critical chance (18% vs. 6%)
- Higher critical multiplier (1.8x vs. 1.6x)
- Higher status chance (30% vs. 18%)
- Higher fire rate (13.64 rounds/sec vs. 7.83 rounds/sec)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 0)
- See Category:Burston Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Burston Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Burston Prime has a fast burst, making it decent in long-range combat.
- This weapon's status chance makes it more likely to deal Elemental procs than the usual Burston. Its chance to proc at least once per burst is 65.7%.
- The Burston has arguably better ammo efficiency than the Soma or Synapse due to its burst-fire nature.
- Fire rate mods (Speed Trigger, Shred, Gilded Truth, etc.) reduce the delay between bursts, but did not increase the fire rate of the actual bullets themselves. As of Hotfix 17.4.3, fire rate mods now increase the fire rate of the burst itself.
- It isn't advised to put a Heavy Caliber on the Burston Prime as this weapon benefits more in close to mid range situations with its high accuracy and damage over long range situations where hitting enemies with all bullets becomes more difficult.
- Modifying the magazine can sometimes be problematic, as you might be reduced to only 1 or 2 rounds in your last shot. A Max Rank Wildfire or a Rank 3 Magazine Warp will give you a magazine of 54, allowing you 18 bursts before reloading. This ensures you will always fire 3 rounds in every burst.
- The Burston Prime has noticeably less golden ornamentation than previous Prime weapons.
- At the time of its release, the Burston Prime was the first Prime weapon whose component drops were exclusive to the Orokin Derelict instead of the Orokin Void. Update 12 has since moved some component drops into the Void.
- The Burston Prime is the first Prime primary weapon to receive a Weapon Augments mod.
- The Burston Prime's gold parts can be recolored as of Update 15.13.
Burston Prime Skins
- Burston, the non-Prime variant of this weapon.
- Sicarus Prime, the pistol counterpart.
- Sicarus, the non-Prime pistol counterpart
- Prime, the original Orokin weapon or Warframe.
- Gilded Truth, a Burston Prime exclusive Syndicate mod.