The Burston is a burst-fire Tenno assault rifle characteristically known for firing in three-round bursts.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals equal physical damage.
- Equal physical damage – effective against all factions, Sentient and Shadow Stalker.
- Good status chance.
- Good accuracy.
- Innate polarity.
- Can equip the Burston-exclusive Triple Tap mod. (Conclave only)
- Tied with Hind/ Kuva Hind for the lowest base damage of all burst-fire rifles.
- Low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Fairly high recoil for a burst weapon.
- Linearly less efficient — sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Burston, compared to Burston Prime:
- Lower base damage (30.0 vs. 36.0)
- Lower critical chance (6% vs. 18%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.6x vs. 1.8x)
- Lower status chance (18% vs. 30%)
- Lower fire rate (7.83 rounds/sec vs. 13.64 rounds/sec)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (1.45 vs. 1.35)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Burston's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Be patient and find a rhythm with shooting to fire at a faster rate.
- There are various means to counteract the Burston's climbing recoil;
- Move the mouse down during each burst. Doing this can allow all three rounds of a burst to be headshots at medium range and can also be used to keep all bullets on target for long-distance shots.
- At long distances, aiming the first shot at the torso of enemies will help to guarantee at least one headshot in a burst.
- Stabilizer can almost negate the recoil generated, making it easier to keep the bullets on target.
- Use Rifle Ammo Mutation to regain extra ammo if needed.
- If you can't perform well with this weapon at long ranges, consider equipping the Heavy Caliber mod, as the Burston can do just as well at close range to mid-range combat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Burston design was a source of much speculation as it did not directly fit the design aesthetic of the main factions. It was speculated that the Burston was an obsolete Grineer weapon; it was fielded by Grineer Elite Lancers prior to the release of the Hind in Update 9.6 and it also appeared in Grineer faction art. However, its redesign teased in Devstream 53 and subsequent release in Update: Specters of the Rail shows it to be of Tenno origin.
- The Burston also appeared in the original Dark Sector video, where it was used by the Grineer. However, the connection between this video concept and Warframe is still unclear.
- Strangely enough, the Burston used in the video fires in an automatic manner.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Burston Prime, the Prime version of this weapon.
- Sicarus, the pistol counterpart.
- Tiberon, another Tenno 3 round burst-fire rifle.
- Triple Tap, a Burston exclusive Conclave mod.