The Burston is a burst-fire Tenno assault rifle characteristically known for firing in three-round bursts.
This weapon deals equal physical damage.
- Equal physical damage – effective against all factions, Sentient and Shadow Stalker.
- Good status chance.
- Good accuracy.
- Innate polarity.
- Can equip the Burston-exclusive mod. (Conclave only)
- Tied with / for the lowest base damage of all burst-fire rifles.
- Low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Fairly high recoil for a burst weapon.
- Linearly less efficient — sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Burston (Normal), compared to Burston Prime (Normal):
- Lower base damage per projectile (30 vs. 36)
- Lower total damage (30 vs. 36)
- Lower base critical chance (6% vs. 18%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.6x vs. 1.8x)
- Lower base status chance (18% vs. 30%)
- Lower average damage per shot (31.08 vs. 41.18)
- Lower burst DPS (243.36 vs. 561.75)
- Lower sustained DPS (180.53 vs. 349.73)
- Lower fire rate (7.83 round(s)/sec vs. 13.64 round(s)/sec)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (1.45 vs. 1.35)
The Burston's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:15,000|
- Be patient and find a rhythm with shooting to fire at a faster rate.
- There are various means to counteract the Burston's climbing recoil;
- Move the mouse down during each burst. Doing this can allow all three rounds of a burst to be headshots at medium range and can also be used to keep all bullets on target for long-distance shots.
- At long distances, aiming the first shot at the torso of enemies will help to guarantee at least one headshot in a burst.
- can almost negate the recoil generated, making it easier to keep the bullets on target.
- Use to regain extra ammo if needed.
- If you can't perform well with this weapon at long ranges, consider equipping the mod, as the Burston can do just as well at close range to mid-range combat.
- The Burston design was a source of much speculation as it did not directly fit the design aesthetic of the main factions. It was speculated that the Burston was an obsolete Grineer weapon; it was fielded by Grineer Elite Lancers prior to the release of the Hind in Update 9.6 (2013-08-16) and it also appeared in Grineer faction art. However, its redesign teased in Devstream 53 and subsequent release in Update: Specters of the Rail (2016-07-08) shows it to be of Tenno origin.
- The Burston also appeared in the original Dark Sector video, where it was used by the Grineer. However, the connection between this video concept and Warframe is still unclear.
- Strangely enough, the Burston used in the video fires in an automatic manner.
- , the Prime version of this weapon.
- , the pistol counterpart.
- , another Tenno 3 round burst-fire rifle.
- , a Burston exclusive Conclave mod.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|