Burning Wasp is a stance mod for Whip type weapons. It is a specialized Stance that trades speed for range, its focused lashing attacks being able to hit targets from deceptively long ranges. The style of the stance utilizes a more flowing combo as opposed to Coiling Viper's slithering, coiling style.
Can be equipped on:
✓ denotes weapon with matching Stance polarity
|Combo Name||Button Combination|
| Slide +
| In Air +
| Wall Dash +
|Knockdowned Enemy + 400%|
|360° Attack Slam Attack Proc|
|Spiral Cut||Slide +|
|Mountain's Chisel||In Air +|
|Weightless Steel||Wallrun +|
|Resounding Fear||Aiming at Downed Enemy +|
- PS4 Players =
- Xbox Players =
- Differently from other Stances, Burning Wasp's forced procs are determined according to damage distribution.
- Rolling Thunder can only be performed either immediately following the first two attacks of Buzzing Sting/Sparking Torture, or immediately following another Rolling Thunder; otherwise, when holding without initiating a combo first, the Tenno will launch into the second strike of Guided Claw, if it is unlocked, and only perform a single attack if it is not. (This may potentially be a bug, as until Guided Claw is unlocked, the Tenno will simply perform only the first melee strike under these conditions.)
- The final vertical swing of Buzzing Sting and lunging strike of Guided Claw both possess a guaranteed Proc.
- The third hit of Sparking Torture (immediately following the pause) is a lunging strike with a wide-swinging arc. Like most melee moves with built-in lunge or dash movements, the distance the Tenno covers is directly affected by their Attack Speed.
- The final strikes of the Sparking Torture combo sweeps the air twice a few meters in front of the wielder, but may miss enemies that are too near to the Tenno.
- Guided Claw's second attack is a spinning arc which hits enemies around the user; its lunging final thrust possesses innate Punch Through, hitting all enemies in the path of the strike and bypassing physical barriers.
- The last hit of Buzzing Sting strikes approximately 7m away from the Tenno. Guided Claw's final attack has approximately the same physical reach, but is a straight thrust, rather than a downward swing.
- Being aware of the Tenno's positioning relative to enemies is key to maximizing the effectiveness of this stance; the majority of Burning Wasp's attacks strike further from the Tenno than most melee stances, and can potentially miss enemies that are too close to the Tenno.
- Reach mods will extend both the striking surface and length of all whip weapons. (tested 24Nov2016)
- It is advisable, when using Sparking Torture's lunge, to aim for open space alongside a group of enemies, to maximize the number of impacted targets and compensate for the final attack's tendency to miss particularly close targets.
- Guided Claw possesses both a guaranteed status proc and innate Punch Through on its final strike, bypassing all physical cover, including crates, walls, and Blunts. This allows for delivering crowd-control status affects to enemies without waiting for them to expose themselves--or, without exposing the Tenno themself.
- Guided Claw is most easily performed by holding on the first strike, as it supersedes Rolling Thunder.
- Similarly, Sparking Torture's final strike can also be performed by holding after the pause; the Tenno will automatically follow through after the lunge attack.
- The lunging strike on Guided Claw and final swing of Buzzing Sting can be swept to hit a spread of enemies, either by turning the camera while the whip is extended, or (if Align Attacks to Camera is off in the Options > Controls menu) by rotating the Warframe directly, potentially allowing skilled Tenno to deliver guaranteed procs to multiple targets simultaneously.
- Two of Burning Wasp's combos, Buzzing Sting and Sparking Torture, bear names that speak to the nature of the two whips that match Burning Wasp's polarity: Lecta's electric shock, and the grinder-like Atterax's use as a torturous execution device, respectively.