Brood Mothers are large, heavy Infested that spawn Maggots within their chest cavity, which the Brood Mother can then release to attack enemies. Brood Mothers will also charge at nearby opponents, and release an additional swarm of maggots upon death. They were introduced in the Operation: Mutalist Incursions event in Update 15.5.
Attached Maggots slow the victim down a little while doing damage over time, with the slowdown and damage increases with the number of attached maggots. These maggots are weak and easy to dispatch but due to their small size can prove to be difficult without AoE weapons or abilities.
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the enemies until better facts are proven. For endless missions, players may need to stay in-mission for a while until these enemies start spawning.
|25 - 35||Grineer Galleon|
|15 - 25||Grineer Galleon|
|Isos||Eris||Capture||32 - 36||Infested Ship|
|6 - 16||Grineer Forest|
- Rolling or using a melee attack will make Maggots fall on the ground. This will not kill them and they will continue to pursue a player until killed. This means that attacking a Brood Mother with melee is relatively safe.
- Shooting them in the chest cavity will do a considerable amount of damage.
- Mind Controlled Brood Mothers will release friendly Maggots; however, it seems that when the ability ends the Maggots spawned while the Brood Mother is Mind Controlled will become hostile again.
- Sand Shadows summoned by Inaros' Devour will release friendly maggots on death.
- Maggots cannot be shot off of friendly units.
- The Brood Mother was introduced in Devstream 35, where it was referred to as the Diseased Ancient.
- Brood Mother corpses cannot be desecrated normally. However, if the Brood Mothers are stopped from releasing Maggots upon death, desecrating is possible. A reliable way to do this is killing them in one shot with a high damage weapon like the Dread (requires further testing).
- Mind Controlling a Brood Mother during a Defense mission may make it impossible to end the current wave, due to possible errors with the spawned maggots.
- The Brood Mother's deceptive hitbox means that sometimes players will have to fire near the center of the Brood Mother's model to actually hit it.
- Maggot, the enemy that the Brood Mother can spawn.
|Walker||Charger • Leaper • Maggot • Runner • Undying Flyer • Volatile Runner|
|Crawler||Crawler • Electric Crawler • Lobber Crawler • Nauseous Crawler • Toxic Crawler|
|Mutalist proxies||Mutalist Osprey • Swarm Mutalist MOA • Tar Mutalist MOA • Power Carrier • Venin Mutalist|
|Ancient||Ancient Disruptor • Ancient Healer • Boiler • Brood Mother • Leaping Thrasher • Toxic Ancient|
|Archwing||Attack Mutalist • Mutalist Lightning Carrier • Mutalist Toxic Carrier|
|Event||Hemocyte • Zealot Baptizer • Zealot Herald • Zealot Proselytizer|
|Others||Infested Tumor • Zealoid Bastion|
|Jordas Golem • Juggernaut (Behemoth) • Lephantis • Mutalist Alad V • Phorid • Zealoid Prelate|