“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Broken War is a sword formed from a portion of the War greatsword, the weapon given to Stalker by the Sentient Hunhow. This broken version of War deals mostly Slash damage instead of War's Impact, making it better suited against flesh.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Second highest critical chance of all swords, behind Dakra Prime.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- High status chance.
- Normal attacks have guaranteed Impact proc.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Crimson Dervish, Swooping Falcon, and Vengeful Revenant.
- Innate and polarities.
- Broken War, compared to War:
- Lower base damage (187.0 vs. 250.0)
- Higher critical chance (35% vs. 26%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2.2x vs. 2.6x)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 26%)
- Higher attack speed (1 vs. 0.92)
- Different Stance Polarity ( vs. )
- Lower Range (2.5 m vs. 3.2 m)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher disposition (1.05 vs. 0.9)
- See Category:Broken War Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Broken War Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
AcquisitionThis weapon is granted as a reward for completing the The Second Dream quest with a free weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst. Additional copies can be built afterward; the blueprint dropping from Shadow Stalker upon defeat, while its Hilt and Blades drop from Conculysts and Aerolysts.
|Main Blueprint||2.765%||36 – 37 kills||246 ± 82 kills|
|Hilt||0.5%||300 kills||1516 ± 459 kills|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
- The listed Mastery Rank requirement only applies to the construction of additional copies of the Broken War. The copy of Broken War awarded at the end of The Second Dream is usable at any rank.
- The hilt and blade required to craft Broken War are tradeable; its blueprint is not.
- The weapon's default quick attack uses Vengeful Revenant's Lone Vengeance combo instead of the normal sword attack.
- Even without having Vengeful Revenant equipped, it will be depicted as the current stance.
- The Broken War is used to construct War, which will remove it from the inventory.
- Because the Broken War received from completing The Second Dream quest comes with a free catalyst, it is recommended not to use it to craft War, as the pre-installed catalyst will not carry over into the crafted War. This is especially advisable if you plan to buy Hunhow's Gift in the future, as this will allow you to obtain both a Broken War and War with pre-installed catalysts and avoid having duplicates.
- The Broken War is a piece of the larger War greatsword, which was split in two following the climax of The Second Dream quest, with the smaller piece torn and re-purposed as a one-handed sword.
- If the energy color is left uncustomized, the lights along the blade correspond to the elemental damage present on the weapon.
- The greater War's lights turn red with no elemental damage, similar to when the Shadow Stalker attacks the Tenno, while the Broken War stays blue as in its icon.
- Prior to Hotfix 18.6.3, Broken War required War to craft and vice versa, making them the only two weapons to have recursive build requirements. This also meant that the only way players could own both weapons at the same time was to buy the Hunhow's Gift bundle, which includes War.
Broken War Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0