This weapon is a requisite ingredient for .
- High damage – effective against health.
- Second highest critical chance of all swords, behind .
- Above average critical multiplier.
- High status chance.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches , , and .
- Innate and polarities.
Additional copies can be built afterward; the blueprint drops from the Shadow Stalker, while its Hilt and Blades drop from Conculysts, Ortholysts, Summulysts, and Aerolysts. The Hilt and Blades can also be bought from Cephalon Simaris for 50,000. All components, except for the blueprint, can be traded between players.
|Blueprint||Shadow Stalker||2.77%||~ 36 Kills||246 ± 82 Kills|
|Blade||Decaying Conculyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Blade||Summulyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Blade||Aerolyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Blade||Ortholyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Blade||Conculyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Hilt||Decaying Conculyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Hilt||Summulyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Hilt||Aerolyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Hilt||Ortholyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
|Hilt||Conculyst||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official drop tables.
See Mission Rewards#Standard Missions for definitions on reward table rotations.
Drop chances are rounded to two decimal places, following the official drop tables repository.
Expected means a player can expect to obtain at least one of a drop every N attempts on average.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 1 in 10^2,3, and 4 probability not to have recieved a single drop (99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to have received at least one drop).
The combined probability of multiple drops is
1 - ((1-A%) * (1-B%) * ...) (add drops in same rotation)
For more detailed definitions and information, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- The listed Mastery Rank requirement only applies to the construction of additional copies of the Broken War. The copy of Broken War awarded at the end of The Second Dream is usable at any rank.
- The hilt and blade required to craft Broken War are tradeable; its blueprint is not.
- Uniquely, if no stance is equipped on the sword, then it will use 's full moveset instead of the normal stanceless moveset for swords.
- The Broken War is used to construct , which will remove it from the inventory.
- Because the Broken War received from completing The Second Dream quest comes with a free catalyst, it is recommended not to use it to craft War, as the pre-installed catalyst will not carry over into the crafted War. This is especially advisable if you plan to buy Hunhow's Gift in the future, as this will allow you to obtain both a Broken War and War with pre-installed catalysts and avoid having duplicates.
- The Broken War is a piece of the larger greatsword, which was split in two following the climax of The Second Dream quest, with the smaller piece torn and re-purposed as a one-handed sword.
- If the energy color is left uncustomized, the lights along the blade correspond to the elemental damage present on the weapon.
- The greater War's lights turn red with no elemental damage, similar to when the Shadow Stalker attacks the Tenno, while the Broken War stays blue as in its icon.
- Prior to Hotfix 18.6.3 (2016-03-23), Broken War required War to craft and vice versa, making them the only two weapons to have recursive build requirements. This also meant that the only way players could own both weapons at the same time was to buy the Hunhow's Gift bundle, which includes War.
- Broken War components are simply called "War Blade/Hilt" in Conculyst and Aerolyst Codex entries.
Broken War Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|