“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon primarily deals Impact damage.
- Highest base damage of all staves.
- Second highest status chance of all staves, behind Bo Prime.
- Tied with Amphis for the second fastest attack speed of all staves, behind Tipedo.
- When wielded, the user can interact with enemy corpses (default Health Orbs from organic enemies or Energy Orbs from robotic enemies. ) to Drain Enemy, spawning
- Stance slot has a polarity, matches Flailing Branch.
- Innate polarity slot.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Lowest critical chance of all staves.
- Drain Enemy ability locks the player into an uninterruptible animation for a moment, leaving them vulnerable to attack.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Additional blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris for 100,000.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When standing over an enemy corpse while wielding the Broken Scepter, the player gains the ability to drain the corpse by activating the Drain Enemy prompt on them by holding down on the Use Key (default Capture targets, after which the corpse will release an orb. Organic enemies (such as Lancers) will release Health Orbs, while robotic enemies (such as MOAs) will release Energy Orbs instead. As the draining procedure consumes the corpse, this can only be done once per corpse.
). This will deconstruct the corpse in a manner similar to
- With proper timing, it's possible to both deconstruct and Desecrate a corpse.
- The Broken Scepter has two small orbs that orbit around it, which act as an indicator of how many times the player can use the Scepter's draining ability consecutively. One orb is consumed when performing a drain, and if both orbs are consumed the player will be unable to drain enemy corpses until the orbs regenerate.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During The War Within quest, Teshin reveals that the Scepter is an Orokin artifact that was utilized to command the sworn allegiance of the Orokin's Dax soldiers.
- It is unclear whether the Broken Scepter still allows the player to command the Dax or if it requires the Kuva to be attached.
- The Elder Queen can fire a beam from the scepter. This ability cannot be replicated by the player, which may imply that the beam comes from the Kuva and not the staff itself.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the scepter will refuse to show the prompts on enemies. If this occurs, switching weapons then back to the scepter again can fix the issue.
Media[edit | edit source]
Broken Scepter Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.