|Boltor Prime has returned from the Prime Vault until September 17th, 2019. Please click here for more information about the current Prime Vault offers on the official WARFRAME website.|
The Boltor Prime is the Prime variant of the Boltor rifle, featuring higher damage, accuracy, critical chance, higher critical multiplier, status chance, faster fire rate, and slightly faster reload speed.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High base damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Tied with Glaxion for the third highest status chance of all continuous primary weapons, behind Phantasma and Glaxion Vandal, and highest status chance of all fully automatic rifles.
- Can reach 100% status with Thermite Rounds, Rime Rounds, High Voltage, and Malignant Force.
- Decent critical chance.
- High fire rate.
- Low recoil.
- High accuracy.
- On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate and polarities.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Low reload speed.
- Projectiles have travel time with slight arcing.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Boltor Prime, compared to Boltor:
- Higher base damage (46.0 vs. 25.0)
- Higher critical chance (12% vs. 10%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2x vs. 1.8x)
- Higher status chance (34% vs. 14%)
- Higher fire rate (10 rounds/sec vs. 8.75 rounds/sec)
- Faster reload speed (2.4 s vs. 2.6 s)
- More accurate (50 vs. 25)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (13 vs. 2)
- Boltor Prime, compared to Telos Boltor:
- Higher base damage (46.0 vs. 30.0)
- Lower critical chance (12% vs. 30%)
- Lower critical multiplier (2x vs. 2.4x)
- Higher status chance (34% vs. 16%)
- Higher fire rate (10 rounds/sec vs. 9.33 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 90 rounds)
- More accurate (50 vs. 25)
- Lack of an innate Truth effect
- Higher Mastery Rank required (13 vs. 12)
- See Category:Boltor Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Boltor Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Since it has medium ammo economy, mods like Rifle Ammo Mutation or Ammo Drum can be used to gain extra ammo if needed, or alternatively, a Team Ammo Restore can be used. another option would be to use Carrier's Ammo Case.
- The Boltor Prime has a knockback effect on kill that can be used instead of Punch Through to save an additional mod slot.
- Up until Hotfix 12.4.3, Rifle Ammo Mutation did not work for this gun.
- The lack of Slash damage means that the mods Sawtooth Clip and Fanged Fusillade will have no effect on this weapon.
- The innate polarity matches Primed Cryo Rounds.
- Due to its above average status chance, users will often use Rime Rounds instead of Cryo Rounds to make Viral or Magnetic damage, which requires a polarity.
- A status build proves to be effective after the recent Mega-Buff update, in which the Boltor Prime received a large buff to its status chance.
- Boltor Prime is the sixth primed Primary weapon ever released.
- Compared to previous Prime weapons, the Boltor and the Boltor Prime have a much closer resemblance to each other.
- The Boltor Prime's gold parts can be recolored as of Update 15.13.
Boltor Prime Skins
- On February 9th, 2016, it was announced that Boltor Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on February 16, 2016. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- Boltor Prime along with Ankyros Prime, Boar Prime, Dakra Prime, Mag Prime, and Rhino Prime were unvaulted on June 27, 2017 to August 1, 2017.
- Boltor Prime, along with Ankyros Prime, Hikou Prime, Scindo Prime, Nyx Prime, and Rhino Prime, was once again unvaulted on July 24, 2018 to September 25, 2018.
- Boltor, the original counterpart of this gun.
- Telos Boltor, the Arbiters of Hexis custom version.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.