The Bolto is a Tenno secondary that fires piercing bolts with a noticeable travel time.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier.
- On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Can use the Bolto-exclusive Entropy Spike mod.
- A polarity slot.
- Low Impact and no Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Extremely low status chance.
- Noticeable muzzle climb during rapid fire, reducing ranged accuracy.
- Bolto, compared to Akbolto:
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Bolto's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bolts pin killed enemies to walls or floors.
- Bolto can puncture a container and has a 100% chance to destroy the container behind it. The Akbolto does not have this capability.
- Upon release, the Bolto created no noise when fired, making it SILENT, but in its upgrade section of the Arsenal its noise level was listed as ALARMING. This was because enemies may still be alerted if the player hits the ground around the target. This was a bug and is no longer the case as of Hotfix: Specters of the Rail 2.2, Bolto (along with Akbolto and Telos Akbolto) are now ALARMING at all times.
- Unlike its akimbo variant, the Bolto doesn't have a prime version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Higher fire rate can be achieved by tapping the trigger at specific intervals, not quickly tapping the trigger, as the fire rate will be lower.
- Pacing shots allows the Bolto to recover from a shot's muzzle climb, improving the accuracy of the following shot.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.5
See also[edit | edit source]
- Akbolto, the dual wield counterpart of this gun.
- Boltace, the melee counterpart of this gun.
- Boltor, the rifle counterpart of this gun.
- Entropy Spike, a Bolto exclusive Syndicate mod.