“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High fire rate.
- High magazine size.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high overall status chance.
- Innate multishot of 8 pellets.
- Wide spread is ideal for crowd control.
- Low Puncture damage and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 30% from 18m to 25m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Very slow reload speed.
- Ammo inefficient.
- Strong recoil, although manageable.
- Boar Prime, compared to Boar:
- Higher base damage (320.0 vs. 176.0)
- Higher critical chance (15% vs. 10%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (11.25% vs. 7.5%)
- Higher fire rate (4.67 rounds/sec vs. 4.17 rounds/sec)
- Longer range before damage falloff starts (18m vs. 15m)
- Larger max damage reduction due to falloff (70% vs. 50%)
- Slower reload speed (2.75 s vs. 2.7 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (11 vs. 2)
- Lower disposition (1.34 vs. 1.45)
Boar Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
|Neo B3 Common (V)
Neo D1 Common (V)
Neo N9 Common (V)
|Lith M2 Uncommon (V)
Meso M1 Uncommon (V)
Axi V2 Uncommon (V)
|Lith M1 Common (V)
Axi R1 Common (V)
Axi S4 Common (V)
|Lith B1 Rare (V)|
Meso B1 Rare (V)
Meso B3 Rare (V)
Lith, Meso, Neo, and Axi refer to Void Relics | (V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics | (B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Vaultings[edit | edit source]
- On June 29, 2015, it was announced that the Boar Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on July 7, 2015. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons would remain as is.
- Boar Prime, along with Mag Prime and Dakra Prime, was again accessible from June 28th 2016 to July 26th, 2016 when the Prime Vault was unsealed.
- Boar Prime, Dakra Prime, Mag Prime, Rhino Prime, Ankyros Prime, and Boltor Prime vaults were unsealed on June 27th, 2017 to August 1st, 2017.
- Boar Prime, along with Mag Prime, Nova Prime, Soma Prime, Dakra Prime, and Vasto Prime, were unvaulted from November 13, 2018 to January 29, 2019.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The original counterpart, the Boar, was removed from the market in Update 10.4, making the Boar Prime the first prime weapon to phase out its predecessor.
- The Boar was added back into circulation in Update 17.7, several updates after the Boar Prime was removed from Void drop tables.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Shotgun Scavenger aura, Ammo Case, Squad Ammo Restore, and/or the Shotgun Ammo Mutation mod is highly recommended due to the weapon's high fire rate. It tends to use up ammo quickly, especially when equipped with fire rate mods. Also, using Carrier's Ammo Case can assist with retaining and regaining ammo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It was released in Update 10.0, along with the Mag Prime and Dakra Prime.
- Its central drum section rotates when firing (not that obvious as it is quite fast) and reloading, making it a non-static model.
- The Boar Prime, along with the Dakra Prime, is specifically mentioned as being a Tenno creation, unlike other Prime items said to be created by the Orokin.
- Prior to an unknown update, Boar Prime's codex description incorrectly stated that it gained an increased magazine size and fire rate at the cost of damage in comparison to regular Boar. This was because the codex description was not updated to reflect the major shotgun buffs in Update 17.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Boar, the original counterpart of this shotgun.
- Prime, the Orokin enhancement to a Warframe or weapon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.