The Boar is a Tenno automatic shotgun. Compared to other shotguns, the Boar characteristically bears less accuracy and damage per pellet. With the widest shot cone of all available shotguns, the Boar excels at fighting large groups of lightly armored enemies at close quarters, but quickly loses its effectiveness at mid-long ranges. The gun makes up for its shortcomings with its high rate of fire and larger magazine capacity.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- High status chance.
- Wide spread is ideal for crowd control.
- Fourth lowest base damage of all shotguns, after Astilla, Phage, and Convectrix.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 15m to 25m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Before 100% status chance, the listed status chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status; the actual base status chance per pellet is ~2.75%.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Ammo inefficient.
- Strong recoil, although manageable.
- Boar, compared to Boar Prime:
- Lower base damage (176.0 vs. 320.0)
- Lower critical chance (10% vs. 15%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Lower status chance (20% vs. 30%)
- Lower fire rate (4.17 rounds/sec vs. 4.67 rounds/sec)
- Shorter range before damage falloff starts (15m vs. 18m)
- Smaller max damage reduction due to falloff (50% vs. 70%)
- Faster reload speed (2.7 s vs. 2.75 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.34)
- See Category:Boar Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Boar Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Boar was retired from the Market as of the Update 10.3 patch but is available again as of Update 17.7.
- The listed damage is actually the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 12.1 Impact, 3.3 Puncture, and 6.6 Slash.
- The listed Status Chance is the base chance per shot that at least one pellet will proc a status. The actual base Status Chance per pellet is ~2.75%.
- The Boar suffers from ammunition inefficiency. The amount of ammunition supplied by a shotgun ammo pickup is the same as its base magazine size, which can be emptied quickly with the trigger held down. Count your shells, and pick your targets.
- It is suggested to use a long range sidearm such as the Lex due to the fact that the Boar has poor range fighting capabilities.
- Using the Shotgun Ammo Mutation mod can help regain ammo when needed or use Carrier's Ammo Case.
- Due to a higher Slash damage compared to the boar prime, the boar can utilize Sweeping Serration and allow slash to become the highest damage, allowing it to cut corpses into pieces easier.
- This weapon was removed from the market since Update 10.3. Between then and Update 17.7 the only way to obtain the Boar was to purchase the Wrecking Rhino Pack bundle for 545.
- The Boar resembles a riot shotgun in practice, using the same model as the Strun shotgun for the barrel and stock, but with what can be assumed to be a larger in-line drum magazine in the center.
- Despite the magazine being fully removable in the updated reload animation after Update 17.7, the magazine still clips through the shooter's hand since it has no unique firing position.
- The Boar appears to have a turret magazine, as seen in the Turret gun. The experimental design had a cylinder with radial, outward facing chambers, and was quickly deemed too dangerous, since at least one chamber pointed towards the user.
- The word Boar is used to define an undomesticated pig. Much to its description, its appearance reveals a large barrel up front, noting its snout.
- During Syndicate Missions, alongside the Sancti Castanas the New Loka Operatives will use the Boar, being the only NPC to use this weapon.
- On the model of the Boar are the words, "Danger" written on the Stock and "Evolution" written on the Drum. These are numerous examples of the Orokin Language or "Tennobet" used on Tenno weapons.
Last updated: Hotfix 21.1.1
- Boar Prime, the Prime counterpart of this shotgun.