The Boar is a Tenno automatic shotgun. Compared to other shotguns, the Boar characteristically bears less accuracy and damage per pellet. With the widest shot cone of all available shotguns, the Boar excels at dealing with large groups of lightly armored enemies at close quarters but quickly loses its effectiveness at mid-long ranges. The gun makes up for its shortcomings with its high rate of fire and larger magazine capacity.
- High damage – effective against shields.
- High overall status chance.
- High fire rate.
- Large magazine size.
- Innate multishot of 8 pellets.
- Wide spread is ideal for crowd control.
- Lowest base damage of all pellet shotguns.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 15m to 25m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Ammo inefficient.
- Strong recoil, although manageable.
- Boar (Normal Attack), compared to Boar Prime (Normal Attack):
- Lower base damage per projectile (22 vs. 40)
- Lower total damage (176 vs. 320)
- Lower base critical chance (10.00% vs. 15.00%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.0x)
- Lower base status chance (7.50% vs. 11.25%)
- Lower average damage per tap (184.8 vs. 368)
- Lower burst DPS (770.61 vs. 1718.56)
- Lower sustained DPS (493.05 vs. 1046.54)
- Closer starting damage falloff distance (15.0m vs. 18.0m)
- Lesser max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (50.00% vs. 70.00%)
- Lower fire rate (4.17 vs. 4.67)
- Faster reload time (2.7 vs. 2.75)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (●●●●● (1.45x) vs. ●●●●● (1.34x))
The Boar's blueprint is dropped by Drekar Troopers.
|Blueprint||Drekar Trooper||0.50%||~ 200 Kills||1378 ± 459 Kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official drop tables.
See Mission Rewards#Standard Missions for definitions on reward table rotations.
Drop chances are rounded to two decimal places, following the official drop tables repository.
Expected means a player can expect to obtain at least one of a drop every N attempts on average.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 1 in 10^2,3, and 4 probability not to have recieved a single drop (99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to have received at least one drop).
The combined probability of multiple drops is
1 - ((1-A%) * (1-B%) * ...) (add drops in same rotation)
For more detailed definitions and information, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- The Boar was retired from the Market as of Update 10.3 (2013-10-09).
- The listed damage is actually the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 12.1 , 3.3 , and 6.6 .
- The Boar suffers from ammunition inefficiency. The amount of ammunition supplied by a shotgun ammo pickup is the same as its base magazine size, which can be emptied quickly if one fires the weapon indiscriminately.
- It is suggested to use a long range sidearm such as the or due to the fact that the Boar has poor long range capabilities. Or one can simply close the distance between enemies to allow the Boar to continue being effective
- Using the mod can help regain ammo when needed or use Carrier's Ammo Case.
- Alternatively, use or Squad Ammo Restores.
- Due to a higher damage compared to the Boar Prime, the Boar can utilize and allow Slash to become the highest damage, allowing it to cut corpses into pieces easier.
- This weapon was removed from the market since Update 10.3 (2013-10-09). Between then and Update 17.7 (2015-10-14) the only way to obtain the Boar was to purchase the Wrecking Rhino Pack bundle for 545.
- The Boar resembles a riot shotgun in practice, using the same model as the shotgun for the barrel and stock, but with what can be assumed to be a larger in-line drum magazine in the center.
- Despite the magazine being fully removable in the updated reload animation after Update 17.7, the magazine still clips through the shooter's hand since it has no unique firing position.
- The Boar appears to have a turret magazine, as seen in the Turret gun. The experimental design had a cylinder with radial, outward facing chambers, and was quickly deemed too dangerous, since at least one chamber pointed towards the user.
- The word Boar is used to define an undomesticated pig. Much to its description, its appearance reveals a large barrel up front, noting its snout.
- During Syndicate Missions, alongside the the New Loka Operatives will use the Boar, being the only NPC to use this weapon.
- On the model of the Boar are the words, "Danger" written on the Stock and "Evolution" written on the Drum. These are numerous examples of the Orokin Language or "Tennobet" used on Tenno weapons.
Last updated: Hotfix 21.1.1 (2017-07-20)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|