(Removed a tip that combined an obvious recommendation and was incorrect. Reworded another tip to read better.)
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
Revision as of 19:58, 2 August 2020
Deploys an artillery unit to blast plasma charges at enemies it faces. Each enemy hit increases the power of subsequent plasma attacks.
|Strength:100 / 150 / 200 / 500 ( Heat damage per shot)|
|Range:30 m (targeting range)|
|Misc:3/s (shots per second)|
130° (firing arc)
3 (limit of active turrets)
100% (critical chance)
?x (critical multiplier)
100% ( Heat status chance)
2 m (area of effect)
+100% (damage bonus per hit)
- Protea launches the plasma turret attached to her utility belt, expending 50 Energy to deploy it to hover in the air facing toward the aiming reticle. Once deployed, Blaze Artillery hovers in place for 3 seconds, constantly acquiring enemy targets to fire plasma charges upon with a fire rate of 3 shots per second; enemies must be within direct line of sight, a range of 30 meters, and a 130 degree cone in front of the turret. Protea may deploy up to 3 plasma turrets on the battlefield at once.
- Energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- Targeting range is affected by Ability Range.
- Turret duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Deploying animation speed is affected by casting speed, from mods such as Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Shots per second, firing arc, and limit of active turrets are not affected by mods.
- Turret duration is shown on the ability icon, as well as displayed on the rear of the turret as a holographic circle.
- When a target is acquired, the turret fires a stream of scorching plasma to inflict 100 / 150 / 200 / 500 Heat damage with a 100% critical chance, ?x critical multiplier and 100% status chance within a 2 meter radius around its target; plasma streams can pierce through all enemies in their path, inflicting damage, status effect, and area of effect on all enemies hit. Blaze Artillery's overall damage increases by 100% for each successful hit against all enemies caught in a plasma stream, stacking for subsequent attacks.
- Damage per shot is affected by Ability Strength.
- Damage bonus per hit, critical chance, critical multiplier, status chance, and area of effect are not affected by mods.
- The current amount of the damage multiplier from enemies hit is shown on the rear of the turret.
- Plasma turret will attempt to fire at different targets in range throughout the artillery's lifetime.
- Enemies within coverage of a Nullifier Crewman's bubble will not be targeted by the turret.
- Ability Synergy:
- Blaze Artilleries contribute damage to Temporal Anchor's recorded damage pool for the implosion on rewind.
- Can be recast while active to deploy multiple turrets.
- Casting Blaze Artillery is an upper-body animation that allows movement.
- Blaze Artillery is an invulnerable object that hovers in front and above Protea as she deploys it.
- Once deployed, the compact state of the plasma turret disappears from Protea's utility belt.
- Blaze Artillery turret uses a custom model that resembles a floating flak turret with dual cannons. Cannons visually recoil when firing plasma charges, as particle effects pour out from the firing cannon followed by the plasma stream surging through the air at high speed.
- On expiration, the turret collapses in on itself in a warping effect; if the expiring turret is the last active instance, it will instantly reappear on Protea's utility belt in the compact state.
- Face toward a crowd of enemies then place a turret. To maximize the plasma charges fired, engage the turret against a number of enemies or heavy units that require several attacks to kill.
- Preemptively place turrets toward directions where enemy forces are likely to come into view.
- When heading to extraction, deploy turrets facing ahead to guard you and your teammates from enemies in front and coming up from behind.
- Damage multiplier is based on the number of enemies hit by a single plasma stream. Blaze Artillery quickly raises its damage multiplier when used in crowded hallways and tight corridors, where plasma streams can pierce through multiple enemies aligned with the shot.
- Plasma turrets prefer to target the closest enemies and switch between targets in range. Use this behavior to your advantage to spread the damage around and apply Heat status effects to stun enemies with a lingering damage over time.
- Due to the punch-through of plasma streams, it is ideal to deploy Blaze Artilleries near the ground to align the shots with crowds of enemies.
- However, deploying turrets higher up gives a greater field of vision when there are obstacles.
- Arrange lines of Shrapnel Vortexes with Grenade Fan parallel to each other, creating a funnel to push enemies into the center lane. Deploy turrets to strike the enemies in single file, helping raise each plasma turret's damage multiplier.
- Activate Temporal Anchor and place multiple turrets. Direct damage from plasma turrets, including the damage over time from Heat status effect are recorded to fuel the temporal implosion.
- Energy spent on the turrets are returned once Protea rewinds.
- Alternatively, use the temporal implosion to pull enemies to the center, then deploy turrets to increase their damage multipliers quickly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.