Battalysts are Sentient combat drones. Capable of firing explosive projectiles and unleashing large clusters of omnidirectional lasers, Battalysts specialize in ranged combat. They have the unique ability to "adapt" to their enemy's attacks and gain resistances to damage types, facilitating the need to use multiple damage types in order to take them down.
They are first encountered in The Second Dream quest. They can then be encountered on the Orokin Moon tileset on Lua, spawning in pairs after an Oculyst scans a Tenno at the Orokin Moon tileset. They have also attracted the interest of the Corpus and can be very rarely encountered in Orb Vallis's Enrichment Lab, as well as in the Corpus Gas City tileset on Jupiter within the secret laboratories in test tubes and during the last phase of the Ropalolyst fight. They can mainly be found in Murex ships in Veil Proxima, where they dwell together with other Sentient unities.
As a Sentient, Battalysts have the ability to adapt up to 4 damage types from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, at the percentages listed below:
- First gate: 25% Health lost.
- Second gate: 45% Health lost.
- Third gate: 65% Health lost.
- Fourth gate: 80% Health lost.
Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.
On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.
The adaptation decreases in effectiveness the more damage types it resists.
- For the first adaptation, the Battalysts will resist the damage type by 90%.
- For the second adaptation, the Battalysts will resist the damage type by 80%.
- For the third adaptation, the Battalysts will resist the damage type by 75%.
- For the fourth adaptation, the Battalysts will resist the damage type by 70%.
Using the Operator's Void Beam, 's , a rank 40 , 's pulse on expending all ammo or Xaku's Xata's Whisper will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however, the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.
The Battalysts also receive another 40% resistance to the damage type at each adaptation, which stacks multiplicatively with the previously listed ones. These resistances cannot be removed by any of the methods listed above.
The damage gating also prevents Battalysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:
- 25% at full health
- 20% between 75% & 55% max HP
- 20% between 55% & 35% of max HP
- 15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Battalysts will take damage normally at every instance
For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.
|Introduced||Update 20.0 (2017-03-24)|
|Tileset||Orokin Void during
|Weapon||Energy-Fork Arms||Other Drops||Intact Sentient Core 50%|
Orokin Cell 1.29%
|+ ++ + - -|
|++ +++ - -|
|Introduced||Update 27.0 (2019-12-13)|
|Weapon||Energy-Fork Arms||Other Drops||None|
|+ ++ + - -|
|++ +++ - -|
- Unlike the fully grown version, Tyro Battalysts do not benefit from Sentient Damage Adaptation.
- Similar to their damage adaptation, they are also capable of adapting to debuff-based Warframe abilities such as 's , with each subsequent use reducing the duration linearly by 33%, down to 5%.
- The Battalyst's main method of attack is to fire explosive based orbs with their tuning fork-like arms, dealing heavy damage.
- Battalysts can release a blue orb that unleashes omnidirectional laser beams that deal heavy damage, similar to Mirage's Prism. Small but dangerous explosions will occur around the point of contact with the lasers and the ground.
- Sometimes, after adapting to an attack, Battalysts will release several bursts of wavelight that will damage shields, but will not harm health in a similar manner to Laser Barrier. Range: 15m radius centered on the Battalyst.
- When near other Sentients, they can use their own version of amongst themselves which splits the damage one takes equaly among the rest. Any damage adaptations that the host Sentient develops while linked will also be transferred over to the Sentient recipients.
- If 2 sentients are linked, each will take 50% damage, if 3 are linked, each will take 33%, and so on.
- The Battalyst's arms can be removed by shooting them, or with 's . It is possible to remove both of their arms rendering them unable to attack normally, though this does not bar them from using their prism attack.
- They are immune to levitating conditions such as and ragdoll conditions such as .
- Battalysts can use both of their arms to focus individually on multiple targets while using their primary attack.
- Their weakpoint is the head. Ammunition will pass through their core and their chest.
- Balanced damage-type weapons or channeled abilities with equal , and such as and may prove to be effective as these type of weapons/ability suffer the least damage loss per adaptation.
- Weapons that deal high damage per hit like sniper rifles are more effective than high fire rate weapons that deal less damage per hit like automatic rifles, as the former can deal more damage beyond a Sentient's health gate, allowing more damage to be dealt with a particular damage type before the Sentient adapts.
- As with the Conculyst, their arms can be removed by shooting them. It's possible to remove both their arms, leaving them unable to attack normally, but still able to use their special attack.
- A with can attack with ease, as the ability renders her immune to damage and procs while simultaneously allowing her to use her weapons.
- 's ability is capable of redirecting Battalyst's primary attack projectiles away from her, though it does not protect from AoE damage if a projectile hits next to her without entering the ability's range.
- Be wary when using debuff abilities on this unit as each subsequent use will render them less and less effective. Avoid spamming certain abilities (such as ) as it will raise their resistance to the debuff even if it is still in effect.
- The Battalyst is immobile when it uses its Prism attack. If you can get above it or directly below it, it is possible to fire on a Battalyst during this time.
- Their primary attack is inaccurate at a large distance. Use this to your advantage.
- Due to their health not having any weakness or resistances to any damage type, weapons modded with full corrosive is most effective, as it will deal bonus damage to their ferrite armor which is weak to corrosive. It will not however, remove any of their armor.
- If Second Dream quest has been completed, using transcendence, provided it finished charging, can quickly and easily dispatch Battlysts, trivializing the fight.
- After finishing The War Within quest, using the Operator makes the fight much easier as the Void Beam cannot be adapted to and removes all of the damage adaptations the drone gained during the battle. Amps also makes fights against Battalysts significantly easier by providing additional firepower.
|Drone||Aerolyst • Anu Mantalyst • Anu Pyrolyst • Battalyst • Brachiolyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst • Ortholyst • Summulyst • Symbilyst|
|Spectral||Anu Interference Drone • Choralyst • Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr|
|Ships||Condrix • Gyrix • Ionyx • Murex • Orphix • Splintrix|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Condrix • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|