The Battacor is a Corpus rifle incorporating Sentient technology. Its primary fire is fully automatic (firing 2-round bursts) and builds charges on kills that powers up its Alternate Fire, an obliterating laser. While the alternate fire is hitscan, the primary fire is projectile therefore the full auto shots have travel time. It can be researched from the Energy Lab in the dojo.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 5,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Primary fire is a fully automatic 2-round burst rifle.
- Third highest base damage of all fully automatic rifles, behind Attica and Zhuge/ Panthera.
- Fully automatic for a burst-fire rifle.
- Second highest critical chance of all burst-fire rifles behind Dex Sybaris, and highest critical chance of all fully automatic rifles.
- Second highest critical multiplier of all burst-fire rifles, behind Tiberon Prime.
- Good status chance.
- High accuracy and low recoil for a burst weapon.
- Alt-fire charges a powerful beam.
- Innate Radiation damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Robotic, and Infested Sinew.
- Kills with primary fire stacks charges up to three times, increasing the damage of alt-fire.
- Tied with Tenora for the highest critical chance and critical multiplier of all charge-up rifles.
- Very fast charge speed.
- Charge is automatic and does not need to be held down.
- Innate 2 meters Punch Through.
- Beam has a width of 0.5 meters.
- Sides of the beam can hit enemies if they are close enough.
- Surface and enemy impacts create a 3-meter explosion inflicting a second instance of the Radiation damage.
- Does not cause self-damage.
- Does not use ammo.
- High magazine capacity.
- Good ammo efficiency.
- Primary fire:
- Innate Magnetic damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- No Impact or Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Slowest fire rate of all burst-fire rifles, and the second slowest fire rate of all fully automatic rifles after Panthera.
- Innate Radiation damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- Low status chance.
- Impact explosion damage decreases with distance from its epicenter.
- Cannot fire without charges.
- Charges can only be gained through kills made by the Battacor's primary fire, or damage from status effects caused by the primary fire.
- Primary fire accumulates up to three charges when killing enemies, allowing alt-fire to unleash an Opticor-like beam that can pierce and hit multiple enemies. This also causes an explosion with the first surface or enemy impact, inflicting the same damage as the beam itself.
- Damage multiplier of the charges is equal to the amount of charges stored (e.g. 3 charges does 3x damage).
- Alt-fire cannot be used without any charges.
- Charge status is indicated by a trio of horizontal bars on the right side of the crosshairs.
- The Battacor is the first weapon in-game to use the Auto Burst trigger.
- A Battacor can be seen being tested in a Corpus firing range in the Enrichment Labs area of Orb Vallis, where Conculysts are also being researched on.
- Though Battacor is a primary firearm, there is a ring that looks similar to Jai Link attached to it. This aesthetic is shared with Ocucor.
- The Battacor's name, like the Ocucor, seems to be a portmanteau, incorporating Battalyst (a Sentient enemy) and the suffix -cor, seen in some other Corpus weapons.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.0.5
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|