Creates an energy-based containment field in which captives are held suspended in stasis.
|Strength:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 (affected enemies)|
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:8 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Range:5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m|
- Vauban releases a device that creates a containment field. This lasts 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds, has a radius of 5 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters, and affects 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 enemies. On contact with an enemy, the device will deal 15 Blast damage. Enemies within the field are suspended and incapacitated - including those outside that subsequently enter the field.
- Number of affected enemies and contact damage are affected by Ability Strength, and the contact damage can be increased by body-part multipliers.
- For more information about the contact damage, see this blog and this follow-up.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Field radius is affected by Ability Range.
- The device will deploy on the first surface it makes contact with and will hover approximately one meter perpendicular to the surface. Regardless of the orientation of the surface, the containment field will always project horizontally.
- Enemies held up by Bastille before actual encounters will assume a state of unawareness. These enemies will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks over the ability's duration.
- Will not hold most Bosses and Capture targets suspended in the air. Instead, Bastille slows the targets down until their crowd control diminishing return mechanic reduces the ability's effectiveness on them.
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Can be cast multiple times while active.
- Main article: Repelling Bastille
- When used in narrow hallways or choke-points, enemies that are held up in the field block the path of others behind, negating the enemy limit and blocking all the enemies from advancing.
- Bastille spawns from a ball that Vauban throws in an arc, so it can be deployed where aimed.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 45.9 seconds.
- Reduces range to 3.4 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 18.75 energy.
- Reduces duration to 6 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 28 meters.
- Reduces number of affected enemies to 4 and contact damage to 6.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases number of affected enemies to 49 and contact damage to 61.8.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.