The Basmu is a Sentient rifle that fires rounds dealing damage on impact and explodes in a 1.7 meter radius for damage. The Alternate Fire channels two beams of that conducts between targets, with its extreme critical multiplier offset by its low critical chance. When the battery is drained, the weapon releases a 10 meter pulse that staggers enemies and siphons health from them.
- Primary fire shoots rounds that explode in a 1.7 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Shots have innate damage – effective against Machinery and Robotic.
- Explosion has innate damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Initial hit and explosion apply status separately.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Explosion can benefit from ( ) and .
- Alternate Fire shoots two continuous beams that can chain up to 5 nearby enemies within 7 meters from the initial target, with each chain doing 50% of the previous chain's damage.
- High fire rate.
- Fully depleting the magazine produces three 10-meter pulses that deals up to 10 damage, staggers nearby enemies and heals the user's health by 10x the damage done to each enemy per pulse.
- Does not use ammo pickups; ammo regenerates over time.
- Has a 2 second delay from empty before ammo begins to regenerate; if there are still rounds left, the delay is 0.2 seconds instead. Then, regenerates 42 ammo per second; takes 0.5 seconds to regenerate a fully depleted battery excluding the delay.
- Innate polarity.
- Primary Fire:
- Shots have innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Explosion has innate damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 80% from central impact.
- Explosion range cannot be increased with .
- Alternate Fire:
- Innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Extremely low critical chance.
- Damage ramps up from 20% to 100% over 0.5 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 20% over 2 seconds.
- Consumes 1 ammo per damage tick instead of 0.5, unlike most other continuous weapons.
- Limited range of 9 meters.
- Cannot equip .
- Damage cannot be increased with , or mods.
- Pulse will only activate if the user is on the ground, and will terminate early if the user jumps, rolls or slides.
- Pulse has linear damage falloff from 100% to 0% from center.
- Low magazine size in contrast to its high fire rate.
The blueprint can be traded between players.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- Pulse damage is affected by base damage mods (e.g. , ).
- Upon fully depleting the weapon's magazine, one healing pulse is released immediately, then releases additional pulses every 0.4(?) seconds.
- The time between pulses is not affected by reload speed, meaning decreasing reload speed (and thus increasing reload time) results in more pulses, while increasing reload speed results in less pulses.
- When fired at an enemy, the alternate fire will chain to the closest living enemy within 7 meters of the initial target. From there it will chain again, up to a maximum of 5 chains in total. A chain will do 0.5n times the main beam's damage, where n is the chain number.
- The damages are : 100% for the main target, 50% for the first in the chain, 25% for the 2nd, 12.5% for the 3rd, 6.25% for the 4th, and 3.125% for the 5th.
- Headshotting the original target does not affect the chain damage.
- The beam will not chain to a Nullifier through its shield should it connect with a target outside or partially enclosed by it.
- The beam can also continue to chain to enemies even if targeting a dead enemy.
- The Basmu reloads significantly faster when the magazine has not been emptied.
- When not in the need of healing it is recommended to stop firing just before the magazine is empty to increase offensive capabilities.
- There are several ways to make use of the alternate fire's high critical multiplier by adding flat critical chance bonuses:
- An Adarza Kavat with can give your weapons an additive 60% boost to critical chance.
- Likewise, Smeeta Kavat's can guarantee orange crits as one of its possible effects.
- 's can add up to +50% additive crit chance, or +200% on headshots, after absorbing enough damage.
- A fully ranked will grant a +45% flat critical chance buff when your frame is hit.
- After emptying the magazine, can channel without disrupting the healing pulses.
- The Bašmu is an ancient Mesopotamian mythological creature, a horned snake with two forelegs and wings.
- Shortly after this weapon's introduction, a bug caused the healing pulses to take into account mods multiple times per pulse, exponentially increasing damage and killing any enemy within range. This glitch has since been fixed in Hotfix 27.3.16 (2020-04-22).
- Primary fire is treated as silent.
- The weapon will not emit healing pulses if the user is not touching a surface.
- Using roll with Amalgam Barrel Diffusion will retrigger the pulse from reloading the basmu, allowing it to continuously pulse when the roll is timed with the 1st or 2nd pulse.
Last updated: Update 27.3 (2020-03-24)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|