The Basmu is a Sentient rifle that fires rounds that create damage explosions on impact. The Alternate Fire channels two beams of that conducts between targets, with its extreme critical multiplier offset by its low critical chance. When expending the battery, the rifle releases a pulse, staggering enemies and siphons health from them.
- This weapon deals damage, and the explosion deals damage.
- Primary fire shoots explosive rounds with a 1.7 meter radius on impact.
- Alternate Fire shoots two continuous 9-meter beams that can chain up to 5 nearby enemies within 7 meters from the initial target, with each chain dealing 50% of the previous chain's damage.
- Fully depleting the battery produces three 10-meter pulses that deals up to 10 damage, staggers nearby enemies and heals the user's health by 10x the damage done to each enemy per pulse.
- This weapon does not use ammo pickups; ammo regenerates over time.
- Primary fire explosions can benefit from ( ) and .
- 's accuracy penalty on Alternate Fire is minimal.
- Siphoning pulse gives crowd control and healing on emptying the weapon's charge.
- Low accuracy.
- Primary fire projectiles have travel time.
- Primary fire explosion range cannot be increased with .
- Alternate fire requires a damage ramp-up.
- Cannot equip or .
- Pulse forces user to stay grounded, limiting mobility.
- Small battery size in contrast to its fast fire rate.
The blueprint can be traded between players.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- Initial hit and explosion of the primary fire apply status separately.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 80% from central impact.
- When fired at an enemy, the alternate fire will chain to the closest living enemy within 7 meters of the initial target. From there it will chain again, up to a maximum of 5 chains in total. A chain will do 0.5n times the main beam's damage, where n is the chain number.
- Enemy corpses will still allow the beam to connect to nearby enemies.
- Damage ramps up from 20% to 100% over 0.5 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 20% over 2 seconds.
- Consumes 1 ammo per damage tick instead of 0.5, unlike most other continuous weapons.
- Headshotting the original target does not affect the chain damage.
- The beam will not chain to a Nullifier through its shield should it connect with a target outside or partially enclosed by it.
- Basmu has a 2 second reload animation from empty before ammo is restored to full; if there are still rounds left, there is a delay of 0.2 seconds after which it regenerates 42 ammo per second; it takes 0.5 seconds to regenerate a fully depleted battery excluding the delay.
- Pulsing during the reload animation will only activate if the user is on the ground, and will terminate early if the user jumps, rolls or slides.
- Pulse has linear damage falloff from 100% to 0% from center.
- Pulse does not require line of sight.
- Pulse damage is affected by base damage mods (e.g. , ).
- Pulse area of effect is affected by ( ) .
- Decreasing reload speed (and thus increasing reload time) results in more pulses, while increasing reload speed results in less pulses.
- Increasing the reload by only 15% is enough to lose the third pulse.
- The pulse damage is not affected by Multishot mods, Elemental damage mods or abilities that function in a similar manner such as or when augmented with .
- The pulse damage is affected by abilities that increase base damage, such as and , and abilities that give a distinct extra hit to attacks like .
- The pulse damage is increased by procs.
- The Basmu reloads significantly faster when the magazine has not been emptied.
- When not in the need of healing it is recommended to stop firing just before the magazine is empty to increase offensive capabilities.
- Equipping a maxed and a maxed and no mods that increase magazine size, and simply holding down the fire button to empty it as soon as reload completes, times properly with the pulses so that they fire at an endless constant rate.
- There are several ways to make use of the alternate fire's high critical multiplier by adding flat critical chance bonuses:
- An Adarza Kavat with can give your weapons an additive 60% boost to critical chance.
- Likewise, Smeeta Kavat's can guarantee orange crits as one of its possible effects.
- 's can add up to +50% additive crit chance, or +200% on headshots, after absorbing enough damage.
- A fully ranked will grant a +45% flat critical chance buff when your frame is hit.
- After emptying the magazine, can channel without disrupting the healing pulses.
- The Bašmu is an ancient Mesopotamian mythological creature, a horned snake with two forelegs and wings.
- Shortly after this weapon's introduction, a bug caused the healing pulses to take into account mods multiple times per pulse, exponentially increasing damage and killing any enemy within range. This glitch has since been fixed in Hotfix 27.3.16 (2020-04-22).
- The Basmu's alternative fire has the highest critical multiplier of all primary weapons.
- Like Shedu, Basmu can use Corrosive and Gas damage with only toxin mods like Infected Clip.
- Primary fire is treated as silent.
- The weapon will not emit healing pulses if the user is not touching a surface.
- Using roll with Amalgam Barrel Diffusion will retrigger the pulse from reloading the basmu, allowing it to continuously pulse when the roll is timed with the 1st or 2nd pulse.
Last updated: Update 27.3 (2020-03-24)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|