Casts a wave of Rift energy that damages hostiles while pushing enemies and allies out of Limbo’s current plane of existence.
|Strength:150 / 200 / 225 / 250 ( damage)|
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
|Range:20 / 25 / 30 / 35 m (wave distance)|
|Misc:5 m (cone initial radius)|
15° (spread angle)
∞ (dispel range)
2 e/s (Rift energy regen per second)
300 (Rift transitional damage)
|Subsumable to Helminth|
- Limbo unleashes a wave of Rift energy toward the aiming reticle. Banish's wave envelops a 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 meters long area within a truncated cone, which begins with a base of 5 meter radius and a 15° spread angle. All enemies and allies caught in the wave's extent are banished out of Limbo's current plane of existence. If Limbo is in the material plane, only material-bound targets will be banished into the Rift plane for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds; if Limbo is in the Rift, then only Rift-bound targets will return to the material plane. Holding down the ability key (default
) dispels the Banish status on all banished targets at no additional energy cost.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Wave distance is affected by Ability Range.
- Cone initial radius, spread angle and dispel range, are not affected by mods.
- Wave bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not require line of sight with targets.
- Cast animation of 0.7 seconds is not affected by or .
- Banish exhibits various effects when applied to ally or enemy targets:
- Targets banished into the Rift can be banished out of it by any Limbo.
- Targets in different dimensional planes can still physically collide with each other.
- Weapon attacks are only effective when the combatants are all present in the same dimensional plane. Otherwise, weapon damage, critical hits, and status effects have no effect on both parties; hit-scan and projectiles will phase through entities on different planes.
- Warframe abilities can penetrate through the Rift to affect targets on different dimensional planes.
- This includes Exalted Weapon attacks, with the exception of 's .
- The following are some of the effects that cannot affect targets on different planes: Infested Ancient and Eximus aura effects, most environmental and Infested Hive hazards, Grineer Arc Traps and Sensor Bar force fields, Corpus Laser Barriers, Orokin Death Orbs, and Spy laser sensors do not trip the data vault alarm.
- For more information on Rift-related attributes, see the Rift Plane article.
- Ability damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Rift transitional damage is not affected by mods.
- If an enemy banished to the Rift is killed outright by Banish's damage, Limbo still receives 10 energy from his passive.
- Ability Synergy:
- All enemies banished into the Rift are frozen in place by .
- Cast or dispel Banish on Rift-bound enemies affected by back into the material plane to discharge their surge, resulting in a radial banish.
- Dispel for Banish functions on enemy targets affected by Rift Surge's radial banish.
- Cast Banish on enemies inside to briefly blink them out and back into the Rift, dealing damage and knockdown.
- Banish cannot target Companions and static Defense Objects.
- Casting Banish is a One-Handed Action that can be done while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading, charging, shooting, maneuvering, and while on a zipline.
- Cannot be cast without at least 1 target on the same dimensional plane as Limbo, and within the wave's area of effect.
- Can only be dispelled when at least 1 ally or enemy is affected by a banish buff or debuff.
- Subsuming Limbo to the Helminth will offer Banish and its augments to be used by other Warframes.
- Subsumed Banish includes the hold-cast to cancel the ability to dispel all afflicted from the Rift.
- Main article: Rift Haven
Rift Haven is a Warframe Augment Mod for that makes restore a portion of an injured ally's health.
- Before casting Banish, remind yourself which dimension you are currently in, either the material plane or the Rift plane. Banish only works on eligible targets that exist in the same dimension as you, and pushes them into the opposite dimension.
- Enemies will be damaged and knocked down by Banish, allowing you and teammates to dispatch them with melee ground finisher attacks.
- Ally Warframes will be pushed alongside nearby enemies into the opposite dimension if caught in Banish's area of effect. This enables ally players to immediately use weapon attacks on banished enemies that need to first recover from knockdown.
- To avoid confusion, give a friendly reminder to fellow players that they can perform a dodge (default ) to end their Banish status and exit the Rift at will.
- Alternatively, hold down the ability key to phase them back to the material plane.
- Use Limbo's passive (dodging, default ) after casting Banish to enter the opposite dimension, allowing you to attack banished enemies with your weapons.
- Toggle on before casting Banish. Enemies banished into the Rift plane while Stasis is active will immediately freeze in suspended animation, as they are receiving Banish's knockdown effect which will resume animation once Stasis ends.
- Use this method to add a delayed crowd control effect to Rift-bound enemies, buying you time to recast Stasis or kill them before they fully recover from the knockdown.
- Cast on Rift-bound enemies, then hold down Banish to make surged enemies discharge, banishing themselves and nearby material-bound enemies back into the Rift, without expending energy. Repeat this ability combo to continuously draw enemies into the Rift while you stay safe inside its protection.
- While you are in the Rift plane, cast Banish on enemies inside a to damage and knockdown your targets for additional crowd control. Those enemies will remain Rift-bound due to Cataclysm, allowing you to immediately strike them down with your weapons.
- Banish a Rescue target to protect them from harm while you head towards extraction.
- Likewise, Banish the operative in Defense missions in Sorties and Arbitrations to keep them safe from enemy fire.
- Can be used on 's , 's or 's to make them immune to damage from enemies that are not in the Rift plane.