The Balefire Charger is 's signature Exalted Weapon. This pistol launches bolts of that deal area-of-effect damage in a large area, and can be charged to deal more damage. Its massive damage is offset by its low critical chance, critical multiplier, and status chance.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Highest base damage of all Exalted Weapon secondaries.
- Releases shots that explode in a 1/2/3 meter radius, depending on the rank of .
- Does not inflict self-stagger.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- augment allows fully charged shots to replenish shields and overshields, as well as destroy nullifier shields.
- Does not use ammunition and does not need to reload.
- Can benefit from ( ).
- Innate two polarities.
- Innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier and status chance.
- Slowest fire rate of all secondaries in the game.
- Projectile has travel time.
- Requires shields to activate and consumes shields per shot.
- As an Exalted Weapon it cannot contribute towards the Set Bonus of any Set Mods.
- Cannot equip Acolyte Mods (e.g., ) or Amalgam Mods (e.g., ).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Balefire Charger uses Pistol Mods.
- The Balefire Charger is the only weapon that can be used while using the ability.
- The Balefire Charger cannot zoom in when used with Aegis Storm.
- While Hildryn holds two Balefire Chargers instead of one while Aegis Storm is active, this is a purely cosmetic feature and has no effect on the weapon's effectiveness.
- The Balefire Charger's explosion radius is affected by Ability Range mods and .
- Range mods and Fulmination bonuses multiply. A fully ranked Balefire with Fulmination and Stretch will have: 3m × (1 + 24%) × (1 + 45%) = 5.4m, but Fulmination's effect will not be reflected on the ability card.
- Shield cost to activate and cost per shot is affected by Ability Efficiency mods.
- When Hildryn has Overshields, Balefire Charger shots will ragdoll enemies.
- While charging, the increased damage and shield consumption scales with the amount charged, e.g. 50% charge deals 50% more damage. At full charge, the Balefire Chargers deal 100% more damage and consumes 450 shields.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While Balefire Charger's low base Status Chance make it less effective at removing shields and armor, it synergizes well with Hildryn's , as this ability can drain shields and permanently remove armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Balefire Charger is the first Exalted Weapon to not be channeled via Warframe's fourth ability.
- The Balefire Charger is the third secondary Exalted Weapon, after and .
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 23.1.3
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|