The Balefire Charger is Hildryn's signature Exalted Weapon. This pistol launches bolts of Electricity that deal area-of-effect damage in a large area, and can be charged to deal more damage. Its massive damage is offset by its low critical chance, critical multiplier, and status chance.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Electricity damage.
- Highest base damage of all Exalted Weapon secondaries.
- Releases shots that explode in a 1/2/3 meter radius, depending on the rank of Balefire.
- Does not inflict self-stagger.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Magnum Force's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Balefire Surge augment allows fully charged shots to replenish shields and overshields, as well as destroy nullifier shields.
- Does not use ammunition and does not need to reload.
- Can benefit from Fulmination ( Primed).
- Innate two polarities.
- Innate Electricity damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier and status chance.
- Slowest fire rate of all secondaries in the game.
- Projectile has travel time.
- Requires shields to activate and consumes shields per shot.
- As an Exalted Weapon it cannot contribute towards the Set Bonus of any Set Mods.
- Cannot equip Acolyte Mods (e.g., Sharpened Bullets) or Amalgam Mods (e.g., Amalgam Barrel Diffusion).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Balefire Charger uses Pistol Mods.
- The Balefire Charger is the only weapon that can be used while using the Aegis Storm ability.
- The Balefire Charger cannot zoom in when used with Aegis Storm.
- While Hildryn holds two Balefire Chargers instead of one while Aegis Storm is active, this is a purely cosmetic feature and has no effect on the weapon's effectiveness.
- The Balefire Charger's explosion radius is affected by Ability Range mods and Fulmination.
- Range mods and Fulmination bonuses multiply. A fully ranked Balefire with Fulmination and Stretch will have: 3m × (1 + 24%) × (1 + 45%) = 5.4m, but Fulmination's effect will not be reflected on the ability card.
- Shield cost to activate and cost per shot is affected by Ability Efficiency mods.
- When Hildryn has Overshields, Balefire Charger shots will ragdoll enemies.
- While charging, the increased damage and shield consumption scales with the amount charged, e.g. 50% charge deals 50% more damage. At full charge, the Balefire Chargers deal 100% more damage and consumes 450 shields.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While Balefire Charger's low base Status Chance make it less effective at removing shields and armor, it synergizes well with Hildryn's Pillage, as this ability can drain shields and permanently remove armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Balefire Charger is the first Exalted Weapon to not be channeled via Warframe's fourth ability.
- The Balefire Charger is the third secondary Exalted Weapon, after Regulators and Dex Pixia.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 23.1.3