The Bailiff Defector is a heavily-armored Grineer melee unit introduced in the Emergency Exit Tactical Alert. They are one of the rare individuals created through unexpected mutations of Grineer genetic code which causes disobedience towards Grineer authorities, making the Defector contact Lotus and side with the Tenno cause. They pose as the Defense objective during the Tactical alert, fighting alongside the Tenno.
The Bailiff Defector wields a custom-colored Jat Kittag, which they use during battle, and wears heavier frontal armor that bears resemblance to a hockey goalie.
- They can occasionally be seen performing Charge, dashing among enemies to knock them down or even crush them.
- The Bailiff Defector will frequently use Seismic Shockwave to knock enemies back.
- They can also block enemy attacks from the front to defend themselves.
- The Bailiff Defector is the second combat-capable and mobile unit used as a Defense mission objective, the first being player's Kubrow in the last stage of Howl of the Kubrow quest.
- The Bailiff Defector is the first AI-controlled unit to use the Jat Kittag.
- Despite being an allied unit, the Defector has a drop table due to its likelihood of being implemented as an enemy unit in the future.
- He cannot be affected by certain abilities, such as Loki's Switch Teleport or Limbo's Banish, being considered an ally.