Summons a treacherous landslide of ice that instantly freezes and shatters all enemies in its radius.
|Strength:25 / 30 / 35 / 40% (armor reduction)|
800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1500 (initial damage)
100 / 200 / 300 / 400 (explosion damage)
|Duration:5 / 6 / 7 / 8 s|
|Range:8 / 10 / 12 / 15 m (freeze radius)|
3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 m (explosion radius)
- Frost summons an avalanche that freezes enemies over a duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds within a radius of 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters. Frozen enemies have their armor reduced by 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% of their current armor (similar to a Corrosive proc) for the duration of the freeze.
- Once the avalanche completely encompasses the area of effect after a short delay, 800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1500 Cold damage is dealt to all frozen enemies. Frozen enemies violently shatter upon death and inflict 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 Cold damage with a 100% status chance within 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 meters.
- All damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Cold damage is effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew, but less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6 seconds.
- Explosion damage diminishes with distance and bypasses obstacles in the environment.
- Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.
- While frozen, enemies are unable to gain Status Effects, lose Status Effects, or regenerate Shields.
- Casting Freeze on a target frozen by Avalanche will extend the armor reduction and freeze duration. The effects will expire when Freeze ends or when Freeze's health threshold is reached.
- Can be recast on frozen enemies multiple times, restarting the armor reduction and freeze duration.
- Has a cast time of ~2.4 seconds and a cast delay of ~0.75 seconds.
- The armor reduction is applied after ~1 second of the casting animation has passed.
- Main article: Icy Avalanche
- To achieve 100% armor reduction with a rank-3 Avalanche, reaching 250% Ability Strength is required. Increasing Ability Strength beyond this percentage will not benefit the armor reduction further.
- Avalanche can be used to immobilize large groups of enemies, as even if it does not kill enemies outright it lowers their armor, allowing players to finish off any survivors.
- Avalanche stuns and knocks back enemies a small distance when cast, this may result in them being out of range for the freeze and subsequent damage, so it is important to make sure you group enemies effectively before casting.
- This ability can damage enemies through walls. Using Avalanche while pressed against a wall can clear a room without even entering.
- Avalanche can hit enemies who are above or below Frost's position.
- Scales well against Corpus as freeze does double damage against shields, useful for destroying Corpus being protected by Shield Ospreys.
- Arbitration Shield Drones won't dispel the freeze effect from frozen enemies.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 24.48 seconds.
- Reduces freeze radius to 5.1 meters and explosion radius to 1.53 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 3.2 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases freeze radius to 42 meters and explosion radius to 12.6 meters.
- Reduces armor reduction to 16%, initial damage to 600 and explosion damage to 1348.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases armor reduction to 100%, initial damage to 6180 and explosion damage to 1648.
- Cannot use melee weapons while it is activated.
- Can kill and ragdoll the Stalker.