The Attica is a Tenno automatic crossbow. It is the slowest firing of all automatic weapons, but makes up for this by dealing high damage per shot, coupled with a high critical chance. The Attica, by design, also fires bolts, much like the Boltor, allowing for collateral damage within crowds, at the cost of leading targets due to travel time.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price: 15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Highest base damage per shot for automatic weapons.
- High Puncture damage, effective against Armor.
- High base accuracy.
- Pinpoint accuracy when aiming .
- Bolts can hit multiple targets at once via impalement.
- Has a high ammo reserve of 540 and uses rifle ammo as opposed to sniper(bow) ammo.
- Extremely high ammo efficiency as a result.
- Can use the bow-exclusive Thunderbolt mod.
- Has a polarity.
- High critical chance.
- Counts as a bow in regards to Fire Rate mods, doubling the fire rate bonus.
- Innate punchthrough due to bolts.
- Travel time along with the slight arcing trajectory makes it difficult to use at long ranges.
- Low Impact damage makes it ineffective against shields.
- Lowest rate of fire of all automatic weapons.
- Moderate-to-high recoil limits accuracy during sustained fire, especially if using Speed Trigger and/or Shred.
- Attica, compared to Zhuge:
- Lower base damage (80.0 vs. 100.0)
- Higher critical chance (25% vs. 20%)
- Higher critical multiplier (3x vs. 2x)
- Lower status chance (10% vs. 35%)
- Lower fire rate (3.67 rounds/sec vs. 4.17 rounds/sec)
- Slower reload speed (2.83 s vs. 2.5 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.42 vs. 1.2)
- See Category:Attica Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Attica Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- While possessing an Auto trigger, the Attica is best used when fired in bursts to better aim shots and manage its small magazine. On the other hand, its automatic fire combined with its native knockback makes it good when strafing against multiple enemies, or shooting a single tough enemy multiple times.
- The Attica ragdolls enemies it kills a significant distance with momentum. This momentum allows the Attica to kill an enemy behind the first target.
- Thunderbolt synergizes well with the Attica due to the weapon's multiple shots per magazine combined with its automatic trigger, giving it a very high chance of triggering explosions within a shorter amount of time than conventional bows. This makes the Attica more proficient at crowd-control than single-shot bows like the Dread, with its full-auto fire allowing one to strafe an area with explosive bolts to deal damage against multiple enemies.
- Important to note that though the Attica is a crossbow, maxing it out will not unlock the PS4 "Bow Proficiency" trophy.
- The Attica was released in Update 13.0.
- The Attica is the second crossbow introduced in the game, after the Ballistica. However, it is the first full-sized crossbow to be introduced.
- The Repeating Crossbow is an ancient Chinese invention, using a hand-operated mechanism to achieve faster rates of fire than normal crossbows at the cost of killing power.
- Attica's namesake is a region of Greece that encompasses the entire metropolitan area of Greece's capital Athens. The Greeks also had a type of repeating ballista (A kind of scaled up crossbow) called the Polybolos,
- Like the Dread, the Attica's 'string' glows with energy-colored light running along it towards the draw point.
- Ballistica, a mini pistol crossbow weapon without an automatic trigger.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|