Attack Speed is the rate of a melee weapon's strikes. It is derived from three attributes:
- The attack animation for the given weapon class
- The weapon's listed attack speed modifier
- Increases to attack speed from mods
Each general weapon type follows a standard attack animation which controls baseline striking speed. The polearm type has a slower standard attack animation than the sword type, for example. Specific weapons (such as the Cronus of the sword type) each have their own base attack speed modifier which alters the rate of the attack animation. An attack speed of 1.0 runs its attacks at default speed. An attack speed of 1.2 executes 20% faster, while a speed of 0.8 runs 20% slower. Attack speed is then further increased (or decreased) by attack speed mods and ability buffs, giving us the following basic equation:
Effective attack speed = standard attack animation × base attack speed × (100% + bonus attack speed)
Note that certain effects can further change attack speed in special ways. The Berserker mod, for example, multiplies the total attack speed value rather than adding to attack speed from mods.
Recall that attack animations vary between weapon types. Despite the Fragor (Hammer) and Karyst (Dagger) both having listed speeds of 0.8, the Karyst's actual speed is faster than the Fragor's due to daggers having a faster attack animation.
Faster attack speeds enhance a melee weapon's overall damage potential and utility by:
- producing more strikes
- quickening the melee Combo Counter and its damage multiplier
- giving more chances for Status Effect procs
- hastening stance attacks which knock back or disable the target
Changes in attack speed apply to finishers, as well as the animation of charge attacks but not the actual charge time. However, weapons with ranged charge mechanics such as the Glaive and Redeemer are affected, with faster speeds allowing for faster charge times.
Attack Speed ModsEdit
The following Mods affect Attack Speed positively, increasing a Melee Weapon's rate of attack:
The following Mods affect Attack Speed negatively, reducing rate of attack:
Attack Speed PowersEdit
The following powers affect Attack Speed positively, increasing a Melee Weapon's rate of attack:
Push Gauss' battery beyond the redline, supercharging his Abilities and setting Fire Rate, Attack Speed, Reload Speed, and Holster Speed into overdrive. When past the redline, bolts of arcing electricity dance periodically from Gauss, exploding en masse when the ability is deactivated.
|Strength:100 / 200 / 300 / 400 ( Impact Puncture area damage)|
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s (duration)|
6 - 30% / 9 - 45% / 12 - 60% / 15 - 75% (fire rate buff)
5 - 25% / 6 - 30% / 7 - 35% / 8 - 40% (attack speed buff)
4 - 20% / 6 - 30% / 8 - 40% / 10 - 50% (reload speed buff)
8 - 40% / 12 - 60% / 16 - 80% / 20 - 100% (holster speed buff)
|Misc:? m (activation knockback radius)|
+20% (battery limit release)
50% (projectile accuracy)
50% (energy discount for Mach Rush)
100% (melee damage bonus and stagger chance for Kinetic Plating)
100% ( Cold freeze chance and Heat ignite chance for Thermal Sunder)
≤100% ( Blast enemy armor reduction for Thermal Sunder)
Sacrifice shields to boost reload, and fire rate while converting damage inflicted on enemies into health for Harrow and nearby allies.
|Strength:5% (lifesteal on hit)|
20% / 25% / 30% / 35% (fire rate bonus)
40% / 50% / 60% / 70% (reload speed bonus)
|Duration:4 s (base time)|
1.25 / 1.33 / 1.43 / 1.54 s (bonus per 100 shields)
|Misc:50 m (affinity range)|
Valkyr lets out a rallying cry that bolsters her allies melee speed while slowing down nearby enemies.
|Strength:15% / 20% / 25% / 50% (speed buff)|
25% / 35% / 45% / 50% (armor buff)
15% / 20% / 25% / 30% (slow)
|Duration:7 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Range:15 / 20 / 22 / 25 m|
Maximum Possible Attack SpeedEdit
Note that all attack speed bonus is additive unless otherwise stated. This list does not take into account Riven Mods.
- +5% from the Fragor's Brokk skin
- +10% from Excalibur's Swordsmanship passive
- +15% from Lesion's proc bonus
- +20% from Arcane Strike (multiplicative)
- +20% from Quickening
- +30% from Gladiator Vice
- +55% from Primed Fury
- +75% from Berserker (multiplicative)
- +~645.16% from Valkyr's Warcry
- Maximized via +399% Strength, +80% Strength from Equinox's Provoke augmented with Peaceful Provocation (additive), and 2.485x Strength multiplier from Nidus' Parasitic Link
- To achieve this, Equinox must first cast Pacify & Provoke with Peaceful Provocation in Day form, then Nidus' cast Parasitic Link onto Valkyr.
- +~657.58% from Volt's Speed
This amounts to a maximum possible bonus of:
- ~27.45x (~2,745.09%) for the average Warframe
- ~27.55x (~2,754.84%) for the Fragor (with any Warframe except Excalibur equipped)
- ~27.65x (~2,764.59%) for Excalibur
- ~27.74x (~2,774.34%) for the Lesion (with any Warframe except Excalibur equipped)
Last updated: Hotfix 25.7.8
Other Attack Speed ModifiersEdit
- Fire Rate, the equivalent game mechanic for ranged weapons.