Attack Drones are deployed by Fusion MOAs when they reach about 50% health, but can be avoided if you destroy the MOA during its short deploying period.
Due to their fast-firing weapon, hovering nature, and immunity to crowd control status (e.g.: ragdoll, stun), they pose a big threat.
Their attacks are very similar if not identical to laser turrets found in the Void, probably due to the fact that they are a direct result of the Corpus integrating Orokin technology directly into theirs. Drones are sent as a syndicate death squad by Cephalon Suda.
- The Drone's rapid firing usually cripples its targets very quickly, but the projectiles themselves have travel time. So, avoidance is a must.
- They do not portray similar flight patterns to those of support Ospreys, instead they charge against their targets and fire like moving turrets.
- Drones do not have rotating guns like the MOAs, which makes them very dependent on the turn rate of their entire bodies.
- Since their turn rate is somewhat slow compare to the other Corpus units, this can be taken to advantage.
- It would seem that the Drones are exceptionally weak against Banshee's , allowing any shot to most locations to deal lethal damage.
- One can spot a Drone without a radar by listening to its roaring hover engines.
- Critical Hits seem to have altered damage outputs against the Drones. Having high values on such weapons is surprisingly effective against them.
- Despite the immunity of slow from Cold Damage, the Drone is not immune to the slow of 's and 's .
- The Drone's model is solid and knocking the Drone down with a Flying Kick is impossible, thus allowing players to slide over the Drone to allow greater dodges.
- They are immune to 's (Vortex will suck them in without ragdolling them and will damage them, but they are still able to shoot).
- They are labelled in the Codex as "Attack Drones".
- Corrupted versions of these drones are deployed by Corrupted MOAs, which only spawn in the Orokin Void. They are called Corrupted Drones.
- In Update 10.0 (2013-09-13), Drones would spawn by themselves in the Void, without the need of a host Fusion MOA.
- Since Update 11.0 (2013-11-20), Drones no longer spawn by themselves in the Void.
- As of Hotfix 220.127.116.11 (2016-01-28), these Drones replaced the Scavenger Drones in Cephalon Suda's Assassination Squad.
|Terra Attack Drone||General||Drops|
|Introduced||Update 24.0 (2018-11-08)||Mod Drops:|
|+ ++ + - -|
|++ ++ +++ - -|
- These variants follow normal enemy spawn patterns, since there are no Fusion MOA variants in Orb Vallis.
- At higher levels, their laser bolt rifle is replaced with a missile launcher.
Last updated: Update 29.8 (2021-02-11)
|Grineer||Corrupted Butcher • Corrupted Bombard • Corrupted Heavy Gunner • Corrupted Lancer • Corrupted Warden|
|Corpus||Corrupted Drone • Corrupted Crewman • Corrupted MOA • Corrupted Nullifier|
|Orokin||Orokin Drone • Orokin Spectator • Orokin Turret|