|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 200||Blueprints Price:30,000|
This weapon deals Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- High status chance.
- Beam can chain up to 3 nearby enemies within 7 meters from the initial target.
- Enemy corpses will still allow the beam to connect to nearby enemies.
- Large magazine size.
- Magnum Force's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Heat damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Damage ramps up from 35% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 35% over 2 seconds.
- Average critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Main beam has a limited range of 15 meters.
- Chain beam has a limited range of 7 meters.
- Chain beam range cannot be increased with Ruinous Extension.
- Poor ammo efficiency.
- When fired at an enemy, the beam will chain to the closest living enemy within 7 meters of the initial target. From there it will chain again, up to a maximum of 3 chains in total. A chain will do 0.75n(n+1)/2 times the main beam's damage, where n is the chain number. Any enemy caught in the width of the beam will also be damaged. It has a small radius of damage around the beam, similar to the Ignis and Embolist.
- Headshotting the original target does not affect the chain damage.
- The beam will not chain to a Nullifier through its shield should it connect with a target outside or partially enclosed by it.
- The beam can also continue to chain to enemies even if targeting a dead enemy or an enemy who is dead but in a dying animation.
- The Atomos' innate Heat element is positioned last when adding elemental damage mods to the weapon.
- The Atomos covers up part of the reticle when aiming. This combined with the beams behavior of slowly rotating around a central point means that occasionally the beam will fire behind the weapon with no way of knowing if you are aiming at the enemy or not.
- Ruinous Extension can be used to extend this weapon's reach, allowing it to hit targets further away.
- Punch Through will cause the main beam to chain independently from each additional target hit, potentially doubling or tripling the total damage output when fired into a crowd.
- Atomos is the Greek word for "undivided", and is the origin of the word Atom, referring to the smallest constituents of physical matter identifiable as a chemical element.
- Anastomosis is a Greek word meaning the reconnecting of various streams, such as in blood vessels or river deltas.
- As of the release of Atomos, it is now possible to have a loadout consisting of purely Heat damage, combined with Ignis, Silva & Aegis (Prime) or Twin Basolk, and Chroma (Prime) (with the appropriate energy color) or Ember (Prime).
- Ground-based enemies (e.g. Corpus Crewmen, Infested Chargers etc.) slain by the Atomos will char or appear to be coated in ash, and then disintegrate. Like the Glaxion's special effects, this effect occurs even if the Atomos is modified to deal a different kind of damage.
- When reloading, two sections are removed and subsequently replaced individually, unlike other weapons. It can be speculated that one could be fuel and the other an igniting agent or propellant.
- The Atomos's visual effects will not go through Volt's Electric Shield, but it will interact with the shield normally (critical damage bonus, range boost, etc.)
- If a Tenno is currently firing the Atomos when they are revived from the downed state, the visual and audio effects of the beam may become stuck at that position and randomly target enemies or even fellow allies for the remainder of the mission. (If stuck to a Tenno it will follow them all the way to extraction, resulting in further eyesore as it clips through the entire map and all terrain to do so.)
- However the bugged beam does no damage and is purely an aesthetic issue.
- Sometimes if you reload the magazine for the Atomos, it will not attach to the gun but it will have a full magazine. Just reload the gun to fix this as this does not affect the gun's use.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.5
- Twin Basolk, twin hatchets built using the Atomos.
- Amprex, a Corpus rifle with a functionally equivalent chaining beam.
- Kuva Nukor, a Kuva Lich sidearm with a functionally equivalent chaining beam.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.