Athodai is a hand-cannon that shoots long-ranged laser beams, with an Alternate Fire function that discharges all ammo to burst-fire a short-ranged cone. Headshot kills with the primary fire increase the weapon's fire rate and grant unlimited ammo, but locks out the Alternate Fire.
Athodai was acquired by watching TennoCon 2020 on WARFRAME's Twitch with a Twitch-linked account for 30 consecutive minutes, between 12:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET, on August 1st, 2020. It comes with a free weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
This weapon deals primarily Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- Primary Fire shoots fully automatic rounds.
- Alternate Fire shoots a cone of energy, expending 24 rounds in a quick burst.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Heat damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Primary Fire:
- Alternate Fire:
- Extremely low ammo capacity; requires just 2 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
- Upon headshot kills, the pistol gets an 8-second Overdrive buff which grants increased fire rate and allows it to consume no ammo while firing, bypassing the need to reload, but increases recoil and disables the Alternate Fire feature.
- No weak spots other than actual heads will trigger this effect.
- Duration cannot be refreshed.
- The Alternate Fire ejects exactly 24 rounds. Increasing magazine size, such as Slip Magazine, will have no effect.
- Alternate Fire can be interrupted (preserving the ammunition left in the magazine) by rolling or quick melee.
- Hydraulic Crosshairs pairs well with the primary fire's Overdrive buff.