“Time is relative. Choose when ready.”This article refers to valid content that is currently unavailable to be acquired in the live version of the game.
It may return to be available again in a future update or event.
Athodai is a Tenno hand-cannon that shoots long-ranged laser beams, with an Alternate Fire function that discharges all ammo to burst-fire a short-ranged cone. Headshot kills with the primary fire increase the weapon's fire rate and grant unlimited ammo, but locks out the Alternate Fire.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Athodai was acquired by watching TennoCon 2020 on WARFRAME's Twitch with a Twitch-linked account for 30 consecutive minutes, between 12:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET, on August 1st, 2020. It comes with a free weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
- Due to thousands of players reporting missing Twitch drops, on August 6th, 2020 Athodai was distributed to all players if they were logged in to WARFRAME during TennoCon 2020, regardless if they watched the streams or not. This resulted in some players receiving two Athodai.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested, and Infested Flesh.
- Primary Fire shoots fully automatic rounds.
- Alternate Fire shoots a cone of energy, ejecting all remaining ammunition in the magazine in a quick burst.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Heat damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Primary Fire:
- Alternate Fire:
- Extremely low ammo capacity; requires just 2 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Upon headshot kills, the pistol gets an 8-second Overdrive buff which grants increased fire rate and allows it to consume no ammo while firing, bypassing the need to reload, but increases recoil and disables the Alternate Fire feature.
- No weak spots other than actual heads will trigger this effect.
- Duration cannot be refreshed.
- Overdrive takes precedence over Arcane Pistoleer, preventing the Arcane from triggering.
- The Alternate Fire ejects all of the remaining ammunition in the magazine in a single burst.
- Because of this fact, increasing the magazine size of the weapon such as with Slip Magazine and using recoil reduction mods like Steady Hands can help to make its damage output more consistent and reliable.
- Alternate Fire can be interrupted (preserving the ammunition left in the magazine) by rolling or quick melee.
- Alternate Fire will not function under the effects of any infinite ammo buff (Overdrive, Arcane Pistoleer, Reactant Buff), instead firing a single round.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Hydraulic Crosshairs pairs well with the primary fire's Overdrive buff.