The Astilla is Gara's signature shotgun, firing glass slugs that explode and damage nearby enemies in a small radius. With strong Impact and Slash damage, this weapon stuns and bleeds enemies with ease. When in Gara's hands, the shotgun holds more reserve ammo.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon primarily deals Slash damage.
- High Slash and Impact damage – effective against health and shields.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Fires a single slug every shot instead of individual pellets.
- Slugs explode in a 2.4 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Highest accuracy of all shotguns.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 30m to 60m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Fewer status counts due to firing a single projectile instead of multiple pellets.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 70% from central impact.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Ammo inefficient.
- Shatter area of effect cannot hit enemies behind the location of impact.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Astilla's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When used by Gara, the Astilla holds an additional 80 reserve ammo, for a total of 192.
- The Astilla fires an explosive slug rather than a traditional spread of pellets.
- This is similar to the Arca Plasmor, which also uses shotgun mods but does not use pellets.
- The slug loses accuracy with distance, and can be seen to veer off randomly past a certain point.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Fatal Acceleration can be added to increase flight speed, as well as increasing minimum and maximum damage falloff penalty ranges to 56 and 84 meters respectively.
- Due to the low ammo pool and slug mechanics it is recommended to treat the Astilla not like an automatic shotgun but instead like an automatic explosive rifle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Astilla" is Spanish for "splinter".
- Upon reloading, the Astilla makes a loud "ping" noise in a manner similar to the M1 Garand, an American semi-automatic rifle.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 24.3.3