The Astilla is Gara's signature shotgun, firing glass slugs that explode and damage nearby enemies in a small radius. With strong Impact and Slash damage, this weapon stuns and bleeds enemies with ease. When in Gara's hands, the shotgun holds more reserve ammo.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon primarily deals Slash damage.
- High Slash and Impact damage – effective against health and shields.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Fires a single slug every shot instead of individual pellets.
- Impact with surfaces or enemies creates a shatter that inflicts a secondary source of damage to all enemies in a ~3m circle in front of the impact.
- Highest accuracy of all shotguns.
- Third lowest damage of all shotguns after Phage and Convectrix.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 30m to 60m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Fewer status counts due to firing a single projectile instead of multiple pellets.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Ammo inefficient.
- Shatter area of effect cannot hit enemies behind the location of impact.
- When used by Gara, the Astilla holds an additional 80 reserve ammo, for a total of 192.
- The Astilla fires a slug rather than a traditional spread of pellets. Each slug will deal 30% of the damage to the target upon the initial hit, then explode in a ~3 meter radius and deal the remaining 70% as hemispherical damage. Both instances of damage can deal status procs separately.
- The damage listed in the UI is for both the slug and explosion; enemies hit only by the explosion will suffer less damage as a result.
- Due to the weapon firing a single slug, the listed status chance is similar to that of a normal weapon, and thus status is not distributed between any pellets.
- This is similar to the Arca Plasmor, which also uses shotgun mods but does not use pellets.
- The slug loses accuracy with distance, and can be seen to veer off randomly past a certain point.
- Fatal Acceleration can be added to increase flight speed, as well as increasing minimum and maximum damage falloff penalty ranges to 56 and 84 meters respectively.
- Due to the low ammo pool and slug mechanics it is recommended to treat the Astilla not like an automatic shotgun but instead like an automatic explosive rifle.
- "Astilla" is Spanish for "splinter".
- Upon reloading, the Astilla makes a loud "ping" noise in a manner similar to the M1 Garand, an American semi-automatic rifle.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.3.3