FANDOM


Blast enemies with glass slugs that devastate on impact. This is Gara's signature weapon.

The Astilla is GaraIcon272 Gara's signature shotgun, firing glass slugs that explode and damage nearby enemies in a small radius. With strong Impact b Impact and Slash b Slash damage, this weapon stuns and bleeds enemies with ease. When in Gara's hands, the shotgun holds more reserve ammo.


Manufacturing Requirements
Credits64
20,000
Tellurium64
4
Plastids64
875
Oxium64
175
Ferrite64
7,500
Time: 12 hrs
Rush: Platinum64 45
MarketIcon Market Price: Platinum64 240 Blueprint2 Blueprints Price:Credits6420,000

CharacteristicsEdit

This weapon primarily deals Slash b Slash damage.

Advantages:

  • High Slash b Slash and Impact b Impact damage – effective against health and shields.
  • Good critical chance.
  • Very high status chance.
  • Fires a single slug every shot instead of individual pellets.
    • Slugs have a guaranteed Impact b Impact proc.
    • The slug and the glass explosion can both deal status procs, allowing Astilla to apply up to 3 status effects to the primary target with a single shot, including the guaranteed Impact b Impact.
  • Impact with surfaces or enemies creates a shatter that inflicts a secondary source of damage to all enemies in a ~3m circle in front of the impact.
  • Highest accuracy of all shotguns.

Disadvantages:

  • Third lowest damage of all shotguns after InfestedLongGunTwo Phage and CrpSplitRifle Convectrix.
    • Low Puncture b Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
    • Damage is unevenly distributed, dealing 30% on the slug and 70% on the explosion.
  • Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 30m to 60m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
  • Fewer status counts due to firing a single projectile instead of multiple pellets.
  • Projectiles have travel time.
  • Ammo inefficient.
  • Shatter area of effect cannot hit enemies behind the location of impact.

NotesEdit

  • When used by GaraIcon272 Gara, the Astilla holds an additional 80 reserve ammo, for a total of 192.
  • The Astilla fires a slug rather than a traditional spread of pellets. Each slug will deal 30% of the damage to the target upon the initial hit, then explode in a ~3 meter radius and deal the remaining 70% as hemispherical damage. Both instances of damage can deal status procs separately.
    • The damage listed in the UI is for both the slug and explosion; enemies hit only by the explosion will suffer less damage as a result.
  • Due to the weapon firing a single slug, the listed status chance is similar to that of a normal weapon, and thus status is not distributed between any pellets.
    • This is similar to the CrpShotgun Arca Plasmor, which also uses shotgun mods but does not use pellets.
  • The slug loses accuracy with distance, and can be seen to veer off randomly past a certain point.

TipsEdit

  • Mod TT 20pxFatal Acceleration can be added to increase flight speed, as well as increasing minimum and maximum damage falloff penalty ranges to 56 and 84 meters respectively.
  • Due to the low ammo pool and slug mechanics it is recommended to treat the Astilla not like an automatic shotgun but instead like an automatic explosive rifle.

TriviaEdit

  • "Astilla" is Spanish for "splinter".
  • Upon reloading, the Astilla makes a loud "ping" noise in a manner similar to the M1 Garand, an American semi-automatic rifle.

MediaEdit

Patch HistoryEdit

Update 24.6
  • Having a ‘signature’ weapon now actually benefits you!
    • Astilla: Additional 80 ammo pool when wielded by Gara.

Update 22.12

  • Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 10.

Update 22.0

  • Introduced.

Last updated: Hotfix 24.3.3

See AlsoEdit

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.