Assault is a Mission type identical to Sabotage, requiring Tenno to breach into the Kuva Fortress and destroy its navar cannon. Koro, Kuva Fortress is currently the only node with this mission type. It is accessible only after completing The War Within quest.
The mission is split into several major objectives:
- Breach the gates by delivering a moltecoil charge that is given at the beginning of the mission, then defending the area for 30 seconds while the moltecoil melts the locks.
- A friendship door must be opened in order to access the gates and plant the moltecoil.
- Find and disable 3 Navar-Cannon systems via hacking before the cannon fires a tectonic shot at a colony allied with the Tenno.
- After hacking into the Navar-Cannon room, the players have two minutes to complete this task --- otherwise, the mission will fail.
- Hacking a system or destroying an exposed circuit on the front of each bunker will lower its walls, allowing consoles to be accessed with reduced risk of tripping Fortress Scanners and activating traps.
- Tenno may find it quicker to use the ziplines or parkour across the ravine, rather than running around to the back of other bunkers.
- Reach the command center, acquire 3 telemetry keys, and defend the telemetry console for 50 seconds while the Lotus recalibrates its targeting systems. The mission will fail if the console is destroyed.
- Return to the cannon's control room and fire the cannon's tectonic shot at a Grineer galleon.
- The cannon controls are configured like a friendship door, requiring two players to operate while in a squad.
- Return to the command center and destroy four targets on the cannon's targeting mechanism, then destroy the exposed fuel injector to conclude the sabotage and enable extraction.
Assault missions reward objective Affinity upon the completion of the following mission objectives:
- Defend the Area: 4000 affinity
- Disable the Cannon: 4000 affinity (normal completion) or 8000 affinity (stealth completion)
- Stealth Objective affinity is awarded if no Fortress Scanners are triggered during this objective; otherwise, normal Objective affinity is awarded.
- Destroy Targeting Mechanism: 4000 affinity
Standard Assault missions do not provide any non-affinity Mission Rewards.
- Like the reactor rooms of Reactor Sabotage, the Navar-Cannon room is usually guarded by at least one Eximus enemy.
- Archwing enemies, namely Kuva Dargyns, can attack players in two rooms of this mission: the gate room (where the moltecoil is delivered) and the Navar-Cannon room.
- Assault is unusually complex for a non-endless mission type, requiring a squad to deliver four hand-carried items, defend two objects of interest for a total of 80 seconds, complete four hacking minigames, operate two pairs of friendship consoles, and destroy five objects in order to complete all objectives.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • |
Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Deception, Hive,
Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • |
Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault • Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|Empyrean||Skirmish • Defense • Exterminate • Orphix • Volatile|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures