- Innate damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Guaranteed proc regardless of elemental combos, allowing it to constantly slow down enemies.
- Fairly high reload speed.
- Tied with and for the highest magazine size of all Sentinel weapons.
- Lowest base damage of all Sentinel weapons.
- Extremely low critical chance, critical multiplier, and status chance.
The Artax is automatically acquired upon claiming the from the Foundry. Note that this weapon also takes up one Sentinel inventory slot.
- The Artax will inflict guaranteed status effect on enemies even if the weapon's element has been changed via elemental damage mods.
- It is highly advised to use a Punch Through mod, as the weapon performs poorly against enemies behind cover. Punch Through also increases the chance of freezing several enemies in the line of fire.
- increases the duration of the status effect.
- It is advised to build for fire rate and status chance (if using elemental mods that change the element of the weapon as this chance will contribute purely to that element) rather than damage as the Artax has more crowd control capabilities than damage capabilities. In terms of raw damage output, even with damage boosting mods the Artax damage output is downright terrible, taking several seconds to kill even a single low-level enemy.
- The Artax is possibly named as a portmanteau of "Arctic" and "Taxon."
- Back when Riven Mods for Robotic Weapons could be obtained via Sorties, Artax Rivens were only available from Update 19.10 (2017-02-09) to Hotfix 19.10.1 (2017-02-14), a five-day period where players could potentially get them. Thus, Artax Rivens were the rarest Riven Mods in circulation, until Update 25.7 (2019-08-29) made Robotic Weapon Rivens exclusively available from Cephalon Simaris.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|