This sentinel weapon is automatically acquired by acquiring Taxon. Note that this weapon also takes up one Sentinel inventory slot.
This weapon deals Cold damage.
- Innate Cold damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Guaranteed Cold proc regardless of elemental combos, allowing it to constantly slow down enemies.
- Fairly high reload speed.
- Tied with Deth Machine Rifle and Deth Machine Rifle Prime for the highest magazine size of all Sentinel weapons.
- Lowest base damage of all Sentinel weapons.
- Extremely low critical chance, critical multiplier, and status chance.
- The Artax will inflict guaranteed Cold status effect on enemies even if the weapon's element has been changed via elemental damage mods.
- It is highly advised to use a Punch Through mod, as the weapon performs poorly against enemies behind cover. Punch Through also increases the chance of freezing several enemies in the line of fire.
- Continuous Misery increases the duration of the Cold status effect.
- It is advised to build for fire rate and status chance (if using elemental mods that change the element of the weapon as this chance will contribute purely to that element) rather than damage as the Artax has more crowd control capabilities than damage capabilities.
- Increasing fire rate with Mods such as Speed Trigger or Shred also increases status chance.
- Increasing or decreasing fire rate, reload speed and magazine capacity has no impact on beam duration nor delay between beam firings; it always fires the beam for 1.5 seconds, then reloads for 1.5 seconds, before firing again.
- The Artax is possibly named as a portmanteau of "Arctic" and "Taxon."
- Back when Riven Mods for Robotic Weapons could be obtained via Sorties, Artax Rivens were only available from Update 19.10 to Hotfix 19.10.1, a five-day period where players could potentially get them. Thus, Artax Rivens were the rarest Riven Mods in circulation, until Update 25.7 made Robotic Weapon Rivens exclusively available from Cephalon Simaris.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.