- This Sentinel weapon is automatically acquired by claiming the Taxon Sentinel.
This weapon deals Cold damage.
- Innate Cold damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Shielded, and Infested Sinew.
- Guaranteed Cold proc regardless of elemental combos, allowing it to constantly slow down enemies.
- Fairly high reload speed.
- Tied with Deth Machine Rifle for the highest magazine size of all Sentinel weapons.
- Lowest base damage of all Sentinel weapons.
- Extremely low status chance, critical chance and critical multiplier.
- The Artax will inflict guaranteed Cold status effect on enemies even if the weapon's element has been changed via elemental damage mods.
- It is highly advised to use a Punch Through mod, as the weapon performs poorly against enemies behind cover. Punch Through also increases the chance of freezing several enemies in the line of fire.
- Continuous Misery increases the duration of the cold status effect.
- It is advised to build for fire rate and status chance rather than damage as the Artax has more crowd control capabilities than damage capabilities.
- Increasing fire rate with Mods such as Speed Trigger or Shred also increases status chance.
- Increasing or decreasing fire rate, reload speed and magazine capacity has no impact on beam duration nor delay between beam firings; it always fires the beam for 1.5 seconds, then reloads for 1.5 seconds, before firing again.
- The Artax is possibly named as a portmanteau of "Arctic" and "Taxon."
- As of Hotfix 19.10.1 Artax Riven Mods are no longer obtainable from Sorties. Between the introduction and the removal were only 5 days and therefore the chance of getting an Artax Riven within this period was very tiny. Hence the amount of Artax Rivens in the game is now extremely limited.
- Artax was also the name of Atreyu's horse in The Neverending Story.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.