The Arquebex are a pair of heavy energy mortars of Entrati design, functioning as the Voidrig Necramech's built-in Exalted Weapon. It can only be utilized through using the Guard Mode ability, which will bunker the mech down in a siege-mode to compensate for the recoil.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Highest base damage of all weapons in the game, and combined with its firing rate, highest DPS of all weapons in the game.
- Tied with Mausolon for the second highest critical chance of all Arch-guns, behind fully charged Velocitus.
- Very high critical multiplier.
- Tied with Larkspur primary fire, Mausolon alt-fire, and Morgha alt-fire for the highest status chance of all Arch-guns.
- Shots explode in a 6 meter radius on impact with a surface or enemy.
- No damage falloff.
- Has infinite ammunition and does not need to reload.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Innate Heat damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- User cannot move while active, however you are still susceptible to pushback from enemy attacks
- No zoom, thus cannot benefit from Critical Focus or Marked Target.
- Projectiles have travel time with heavy arcing.
- Default-color projectiles can be nearly invisible make it difficult to determine the projectile's trajectory before impact, unless the Energy/Emission color of the weapon is customized to something highly visible like bright blue or green.
- Requires energy to activate and use.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Arquebex appears in the Arsenal after unlocking Voidrig's Guard Mode ability, allowing for the ability to upgrade it and customize its colors.
- As an Archgun, the Arquebex uses Arch-gun mods, but is incapable of penetrating the armor on the Profit-Taker Orb.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Arquebex will appear in the mission results screen and appear to collect Affinity, even if the Voidrig Necramech was not in use.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like Mesa's Regulators, the Arquebex is not a summoned weapon but instead activates an already present "body part".
- Its name seems to be derived from the "arquebus", the earliest known design of a rifle.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
|Archwing • Compare All|
|Archwings||Amesha • Elytron • Itzal • Odonata (Prime)|
|Arch-guns||Cortege • Corvas • Cyngas • Dual Decurion ( Prisma) • Fluctus • Grattler • Imperator ( Vandal) • Kuva Ayanga • Larkspur • Mausolon • Morgha • Phaedra • Velocitus|
|Arch-melees||Agkuza • Centaur • Kaszas • Knux • Onorix • Rathbone • Veritux ( Prisma)|
|Exalted||Arquebex • Ironbride|