The Archgun Deployer is a special Gear item which allows players to call down Arch-guns for use in atmospheric (ground) combat. To equip an arch-gun, the weapon must first have an Orokin Catalyst installed then upgraded with a Gravimag.
To use the item, the Archgun Deployer must first be equipped on a player's Gear Wheel in the Arsenal, then activated by selecting the Archgun Deployer during a mission. Additionally, players must equip their desired Arch-gun in the Heavy Weapon slot of their Arsenal's Vehicles tab.
When activated, the descending Archgun will fall from the sky and release a radial shockwave emanating from the Warframe which will knockdown and deal minor damage to enemies and objects within a 10 meter radius. If the player is cloaked when activating the Archgun, the shockwave will not occur.
The Archgun Deployer has a cooldown that ranges between 0 to 5 minutes, depending on the amount of ammo expended upon usage. For example, if a player exhausts 100% of the ammo, the cooldown of the gear item will be 5 minutes long. But if a player exhausts about 50% of their ammo, the gear's cooldown will be cut by half, which is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
Picking up a Heavy Weapon Ammo pickup while the Arch-gun is not deployed will reset the weapon's cooldown completely, effectively restoring all ammo to the Arch-gun. Picking up ammo while the Arch-gun is deployed will supply a large amount of ammo, but not nessessarily 100% of the player's reserve magazines (for example, it will restore 1000 rounds to an Imperator Vandal, which holds 1200 rounds in reserve). The ammo pack is occasionally dropped by heavy units such as Bombards, Heavy Gunners, Napalms, Tech, Fusion MOAs, Oxium Ospreys, Ancient Healers, Ancient Disruptors, Toxic Ancients, Corrupted Ancients, and Corrupted Bombards; and are guaranteed to drop from Terra Manker.
Cooldown per Bullet
Cooldown per bullet can be derived from the ratio of one bullet taking up the total sum of their respective archgun ammo, multiplied by the gear's base cooldown of 300 seconds. Generally, archguns with high total ammo will always yield the lowest cooldown per bullet. The following is the formula:
- Archgun Cooldown per Bullet = 300 seconds × (1 ÷ Total Ammo)
For example, using Grattler which has total ammo of 210 will yield the least cooldown generated per bullet.
- Grattler Cooldown per Bullet = 300 seconds × (1 ÷ 210 rounds) = 1.429 seconds/round
Conversely, using Corvas which has relatively low total ammo of 125 will yield the most cooldown generated per bullet.
- Corvas Cooldown per Bullet = 300 seconds × (1 ÷ 125 rounds) = 2.4 seconds/round
Using mods that increases the maximum total ammo of the archgun, like Ammo Chain, would directly decrease the cooldown generated for every bullets shot. For this example, let us install an maxed Ammo Chain into Corvas, which would increase its initial total ammo of 125 by +100%, resulting in 225 maximum ammo.
- Corvas Cooldown per Bullet (with Ammo Chain) = 300 seconds × (1 ÷ 225 rounds) = 1.3 seconds/round
Cooldown per Second
Cooldown per second can be derived by multiplying the amount of cooldown obtained from the Archgun Cooldown per Bullet with their respective Fire Rate. Generally, archguns with high ammo efficiency will always yield low cooldowns per seconds fired. The following is the formula:
- Archgun Cooldown per Second = 300 seconds × Fire Rate × (1 ÷ Total Ammo)
For example, using an archgun with poor ammo efficiency, such as Grattler which has high fire rate of 6.25 rounds per sec coupled with low total ammo of 210, will yield the most cooldown generated per second fired.
- Grattler Cooldown per Second = 300 seconds × 6.25 rounds/second × (1 ÷ 210) = 8.928 seconds/second
Conversely, using an archgun with excellent ammo efficiency, such as Corvas which has low fire rate of 2 rounds per sec coupled with high total ammo of 125, will yield the least cooldown generated per second fired.
- Corvas Cooldown per Second = 300 seconds × 2 rounds/second × (1 ÷ 125) = 4.8 seconds/second
Again, using mods that increases the maximum total ammo of the archgun, like Ammo Chain, would directly decrease the cooldown generated for every seconds fired. For this example, let us install an maxed Ammo Chain into Corvas, which would increase its initial total ammo of 125 by +100%, resulting in 225 maximum ammo.
- Corvas Cooldown per Second (with Ammo Chain) = 300 seconds × 2 round/second × (100% ÷ 225) = 2.667 seconds/second
Archgun Cooldown per Second List
Here are the following list of Archgun Cooldown per Second of all known Archguns, save for Cyngas as the burst speed of said weapon is unknown:
- Corvas (Charged) = 2.4 seconds/second
- Corvas (Uncharged) = 4.8 seconds/second
- Dual Decurion = 4.58 seconds/second
- Fluctus = 7.5 seconds/second
- Grattler = 8.93 seconds/second
- Imperator = 5.01 seconds/second
- Imperator Vandal = 7.5 seconds/second
- Kuva Ayanga = 3.8 seconds/second
- Larkspur (Primary) = 7.2 seconds/second
- Larkspur (Secondary) = 4 seconds/second
- Phaedra = 4.65 seconds/second
- Velocitus (Charged) = 5.14 seconds/second
- Velocitus (Uncharged) = 21.43 seconds/second
- In fights that require the player to do plenty of switches between regular weapons and archguns (such as Profit-Taker Orb), it is better to take a weapon with high ammo efficiency as they yield the least cooldowns per seconds fired. Otherwise, installing mods that increases the maximum total ammo can help in the long run.
- Take care when choosing to activate the Archgun. There is a 3-4 second animation of readying the weapon, which leaves the player vulnerable to any attacks from enemies not knocked down by it.
|Usable||Antiserum Injector • Antitoxins • Apothics • Archgun Deployer • Archwing Launcher • Cipher • Dragon Keys • Grustrag Three Beacon • Health Restore • K-Drive Launcher • Necramech Summon • Omni Ammo Box • Pheromone Synthesizers • Stalker Beacon • Stims • Wolf Beacon • Zanuka Hunter Beacon|
|Equipable||Codex Scanner • Cutters • Echo-Lures • Fishing Spears • Synthesis Scanner • Tranq Rifle|
|Deployable||Air Support Charges • Baits • Fosfors • Kinetic Siphon Trap • Loc-Pin • Luminous Dye • Pharoma • Pherliac Pod • Specter • Team Bonus Consumables|
|Event-Restricted||Eidolon Phylaxis • Fomorian Disruptor • Infested Catalyst • Razorback Cipher • OpLink|
|Cosmetic||Eros Arrow Skin • Glyph Prism • Grand Finale • Ki'Teer Fireworks • Remote Observer • Starburst|