The Archgun Deployer is a special Gear item which allows players to call down Arch-guns for use in atmospheric (ground) combat. To equip an arch-gun, the weapon must first have an Orokin Catalyst installed then upgraded with a Gravimag.
To use the item, the Archgun Deployer must first be equipped on a player's Gear Wheel in the Arsenal, then activated by selecting the Archgun Deployer during a mission. Additionally, players must equip their desired Arch-gun in the Heavy Weapon slot of their Arsenal's Vehicles tab.
The Deployer can only be activated while on the ground. When activated, the descending Archgun will fall from the sky and release a radial shockwave emanating from the Warframe which will knockdown and deal minor damage to enemies and objects within a 10 meter radius. If the player is cloaked when activating the Archgun, the shockwave will not occur.
The Archgun Deployer has a cooldown that ranges between 0 to 5 minutes, depending on the amount of ammo expended upon usage. For example, if a player exhausts 100% of the ammo, the cooldown of the gear item will be 5 minutes long. But if a player exhausts about 50% of their ammo, the gear's cooldown will be cut by half, which is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
Picking up a Heavy Weapon Ammo pickup while the Arch-gun is not deployed will reset the weapon's cooldown completely, effectively restoring all ammo to the Arch-gun. Picking up ammo while the Arch-gun is deployed will supply a large amount of ammo, but not nessessarily 100% of the player's reserve magazines (for example, it will restore 1000 rounds to an Imperator Vandal, which holds 1200 rounds in reserve). The ammo pack is occasionally dropped by heavy units such as Bombards, Heavy Gunners, Napalms, Tech, Fusion MOAs, Oxium Ospreys, Ancient Healers, Ancient Disruptors, Toxic Ancients, Corrupted Ancients, and Corrupted Bombards; and are guaranteed to drop from Terra Manker.
Cooldown per RoundEdit
Cooldown per round is the cooldown time every round fired accumulates . It can be derived from the ratio of the gear's base cooldown of 300 seconds to the total archgun ammo pool. Archguns with high total ammo will always yield the lowest cooldown per round. The following is the formula:
- Cooldown per Round = 300 seconds ÷ Total Ammo
For example, using Grattler which has a total ammo pool of 210 rounds will yield a cooldown per round of:
- Grattler Cooldown per Round = 300 ÷ 210 = 1.429 seconds/round
Conversely, using Corvas which has relatively low total ammo pool of 125 round will yield a cooldown per round of:
- Corvas Cooldown per Round = 300 ÷ 125 = 2.4 seconds/round
Using mods that increase the maximum total ammo of the archgun, like Ammo Chain, will directly decrease the cooldown generated for every round shot. For example, using Corvas with a max Ammo Chain will yield a new cooldown per round of:
- Corvas Cooldown per Round = 300 ÷ [100 × (1 + 100%) + 25] = 1.333 seconds/round
Cooldown per SecondEdit
Cooldown per second is the cooldown time every second of continuous firing accumulates. It can be derived by multiplying the Cooldown per Round value by the respective Fire Rate of the weapon. Archguns with high ammo efficiency will always yield a low cooldown per seconds fired. The following is the formula:
- Cooldown per Second = 300 seconds × Fire Rate ÷ Total Ammo
For example, using an archgun with poor ammo efficiency, such as Grattler which has high fire rate of 6.25 rounds per second coupled with a low total ammo of 210 rounds, will yield a cooldown per second of:
- Grattler Cooldown per Second = 300 × 6.25 ÷ 210 = 8.929 seconds/second
Conversely, using an archgun with excellent ammo efficiency, such as Corvas which has low fire rate of 2 rounds per second coupled with a high total ammo of 125 rounds, will yield a cooldown per second of:
- Corvas Cooldown per Second = 300 × 2 ÷ 125 = 4.8 seconds/second
Again, using mods that increases the maximum total ammo pool of the archgun, like Ammo Chain, would directly decrease the cooldown generated for every second fired. For example, using Corvas with a maxed Ammo Chain will yield a new cooldown per second of:
- Corvas Cooldown per Second = 300 × 2 ÷ [100 × (1 + 100%) + 25] = 2.667 seconds/second
Archgun Cooldown per Second ListEdit
Here are the following list of Archgun Cooldown per Second of all known Archguns, save Cyngas as the burst speed of said weapon is unknown:
- Corvas (Charged) = 2.4 seconds/second
- Corvas (Uncharged) = 4.8 seconds/second
- Dual Decurion = 4.58 seconds/second
- Fluctus = 7.5 seconds/second
- Grattler = 8.93 seconds/second
- Imperator = 5.01 seconds/second
- Imperator Vandal = 7.5 seconds/second
- Kuva Ayanga = 3.8 seconds/second
- Larkspur (Primary) = 7.2 seconds/second
- Larkspur (Secondary) = 4 seconds/second
- Phaedra = 4.65 seconds/second
- Velocitus (Charged) = 5.14 seconds/second
- Velocitus (Uncharged) = 21.43 seconds/second
- In fights that require the player to do plenty of switches between regular weapons and archguns (such as Profit-Taker Orb), it is better to take a weapon with high ammo efficiency as they yield the least cooldowns per seconds fired. Otherwise, installing mods that increases the maximum total ammo can help in the long run.
- Take care when choosing to activate the Archgun. There is a 3-4 second animation of readying the weapon, which leaves the player vulnerable to any attacks from enemies not knocked down by it.
|Usable||Antiserum Injector • Antitoxins • Apothics • Archgun Deployer • Archwing Launcher • Cipher • Dragon Keys • Grustrag Three Beacon • Health Restore • K-Drive Launcher • Necramech Summon • Omni Ammo Box • Pheromone Synthesizers • Stalker Beacon • Stims • Wolf Beacon • Zanuka Hunter Beacon|
|Equipable||Codex Scanner • Cutters • Echo-Lures • Fishing Spears • Synthesis Scanner • Tranq Rifle|
|Deployable||Air Support Charges • Baits • Fosfors • Kinetic Siphon Trap • Loc-Pin • Luminous Dye • Pharoma • Pherliac Pod • Specter • Team Bonus Consumables|
|Event-Restricted||Eidolon Phylaxis • Fomorian Disruptor • Infested Catalyst • Razorback Cipher • OpLink|
|Cosmetic||Eros Arrow Skin • Glyph Prism • Grand Finale • Ki'Teer Fireworks • Remote Observer • Starburst|