Arch-guns are heavy weapons most frequently used in zero-gravity Archwing combat.
Arch-guns are primarily deployed whenever an Archwing is used in Archwing and Empyrean missions. However, Submersible and Free Roam missions instead continue to use primary and secondary weapons.
Unlike most traditional Warframe weapons, zero-gravity Arch-guns have no separate ammo reserve or magazine, instead having a regenerating magazine whose contents replenish to full when the weapon is not firing. Because they have no ammo reserves in their normal usage, Arch-guns essentially have unlimited ammunition and thus do not require replenishment from ammo pickups.
Almost all zero-gravity Arch-guns have Damage Falloff and projectile travel time.
While normally only usable in zero-g, Arch-guns can be utilized in ground combat by installing the Gravimag upgrade, after an Orokin Catalyst is installed. This enables the Gravimag-enabled Arch-gun equipped as a Heavy Weapon in Vehicle mode (see Arsenal) to be called down via an Archgun Deployer, allowing a Tenno to use the weapon in ground combat.
When used in ground combat, Arch-guns only have a limited amount of ammo along with using magazines and standard reloading. Once all of an Arch-gun's ammunition is used up, the weapon is removed and can only be called down again after a 5-minute cooldown period, however should the Arch-gun be swapped out (by re-selecting the deployer in your gear wheel) before all of the ammo is used up, the cooldown will be reduced proportionately to the percentage of ammo remaining. Ground-based Arch-gun ammo can only be replenished by Heavy Ammo, which can drop from heavy-duty enemies like Bombards, Corpus Tech, and Ancients. Should enough ammo be picked up to completely refill the magazine and the reserves, the cooldown time will be 0, exactly the same as if someone had not used their Arch-gun at all. Ammo Case's ammo conversion does not work on grounded Arch-guns. Protea's Dispensary dispenses universal ammo which can restore the Arch-gun's ammo just like heavy ammo.
While wielding the Arch-gun in ground combat, the player is unable to switch to any other weapon. Base aim-glide time will also be reduced to 1 second. Going into bleedout will also automatically unequip the Arch-gun.
Unlike zero-gravity Arch-guns, their atmospheric counterparts lack damage falloff and most of them are hit-scan.
Atmospheric Arch-guns receive affinity while equipped according to normal rules, including the per-weapon split. As an example, having a Primary, Secondary, and Melee equipped with the Arch-gun out will result in 75% of shared affinity being split between 4 weapons instead of 3.
Arch-guns can be used by player-owned Necramechs as primary weapons. While they act mostly similar to Warframe ground combat Arch-guns, Necramech-wielded Archguns have a regenerating ammunition system.
Update 30.5 (2021-07-06)
- Added missing charge/reload sound FX from Ground Archwing Guns to the Space versions.
Hotfix 29.6.4 (2021-01-06)
- Fixed an issue where Affinity collected in a Necramech wouldn't propagate to your Arch Gun if you Transferenced in from the Operator.
- Fixed having the same Archwing Weapon equipped in the Heavy Weapon slot and the Necramech Primary slot resulting in receiving double Affinity for the weapon.
Hotfix 29.6.2 (2020-12-22)
- Fixed Archgun Affinity not saving if you had the same weapon equipped in Heavy and Archgun Slot.
Update 29.6 (2020-12-18)
- Removed the Gravimag requirement on Archwing weapons for Necramechs.
- Fixed Arch-Gun becoming invisible and being unable to reload it when summoned as Mag and casting her "Absorb" form of Magnetize.
Hotfix 29.5.6 (2020-12-01)
- Fixed an issue when using the same Arc-gun in Heavy Weapon slot and Necramech gun slot, where Affinity earned before first summoning your Necramech wouldn't apply to the Necramech's version of the Arc-gun.
Update 29.5 (2020-11-19)
- Added ground dust FX to all Arc Gun fire.
Update 28.3 (2020-08-12)
- Fixed an issue where sprinting with an Arch Gun after firing could have the player sprinting sideways or backwards.
Update 27.4 (2020-05-01)
Update 27.2 (2020-03-05)
- Fixed Arch-Gun not re-equipping after Parazon Finishers and instead equipping Melee weapon.
Update 27.0 (2019-12-13)
We have re-balanced Arch-guns in Archwing mode only, held Arch-guns in atmospheric (ground) combat is unaffected. Submersible Archwing now uses your weapons like open world Archwing does.
Arch-Guns in Archwing mode:
- All hitscan Archwing weapons converted to projectile when in space
- Increased fall off range from 200-400 to 300-600
- Increased min fall off damage from 10% to 50%
- Increased projectile speed of the Kuva Ayanga while in space.
Update 25.0 (2019-05-22)
- Heavy Ammo now drops from Bombards, Heavy Gunners, Napalms, Corpus Tech, Fusion Moas, Oxium Ospreys, Ancients, Corrupted Ancients, and Corrupted Bombards.
Update 24.5 (2019-03-14)
- Fixed being able to Quick Melee when you equip an Archgun with either a Primary or Secondary equipped before that.
Hotfix 24.2.6 (2018-12-20)
- Shared Affinity gain now applies to Atmosphere Arch-Guns but only while equipped in the main hand.
- Fixed not having a Arch-Gun equipped by default (if they own an Archwing primary weapon with the Gravimag installed) when changing Loadouts.
- Fixed an issue where players with Arch-Guns in their loadout couldn't Wall Latch.
- Fixed Chroma not playing Arch-Gun equip/charged fire animations.
- Fixed the Imperator and Imperator Vandal reload sounds playing non-positional.
Hotfix 24.2.5 (2018-12-20)
- Changed the Arch-Gun Deployer cooldown timer to scale based on remaining Atmosphere Arch-Guns Ammo pool upon unequipping.
- Increased Grattler Ammo capacity from 180 to 210 in Atmosphere Arch-Gun.
- Removed unintentional ability to summon Arch-Gun in Melee Only Sorties.
Hotfix 24.2.4 (2018-12-19)
- Arch-Gun Ammo pool increased by 2x for all Arch-Guns in Atmosphere mode.
- Arch-Gun Deployer cooldown has been reduced to 5 minutes instead of 10.
- Fixed the Fluctus’ Atmosphere Arch-Gun FX appearing when in a Archwing mission, which was aggressively bright and overwhelming.
- Fixed Clients not hearing the Atmosphere Arch-Gun equip sound.
- Fixed missing Fluctus Atmosphere Arch-Gun summon sound.
Hotfix 24.2.1 (2018-12-18)
- Removed the dissolve FX when equipping your Atmosphere Arch-Gun.
Update 24.2 (2018-12-18)
‘ATMOSPHERE’ ARCH-GUN WEAPONS
It’s time we equipped some serious floor firepower! All Arch-Guns can be used on the ground - or as we like to call it ‘Atmosphere’ - with the use of a ‘Gravimag’. Gravimag is obtained from Clan Research, or as a one-time reward from the Orb Heist Phase 3 Bounty, and can be installed on any Arch-Gun (with an Orokin Catalyst installed) via the Upgrade Arsenal - similar to installing a Catalyst.
Comparable to the Archwing and K-Drive Launchers, a respective Gear item known as the Archweapon Deployer is required to activate your Atmosphere Arch-Gun. The Archweapon Deployer can be obtained by completing the Orb Heist Phase 3 Bounty.
Atmosphere Arch-Gun General Changes:
- Atmosphere Arch-Guns consume Ammo as opposed to unlimited Ammo/Battery in Archwing. Specifically new Heavy Ammo Drops which can be found from Corpus enemies in Orb Heist missions. Heavy Ammo Drops also reset the 10 minute cool-down when picked up, or replenish Ammo if needed.
- Atmosphere Arch-Gun can be summoned in normal missions with the Archweapon Deployer, but once Ammo has been depleted there is a 10 minute cool-down until you can summon again. The intent here is to allow you moments of beefy damage output, and not become just another Primary/Secondary weapon.
Update 15.0 (2014-10-24)