Arbitrations are a special Alert variant hosted by the Arbiters of Hexis, featuring "elite" versions of endless missions with additional modifiers for greater difficulty. They were introduced in Update 23.10 (2018-10-12).
In order to access Arbitrations, players must have completed all nodes on the connected Star Chart, including Dark Sectors, Lua, and the Kuva Fortress. The only exceptions are the disconnected Assassination nodes of Mutalist Alad V and the Jordas Golem on Eris, and the Zealoid Prelate on Deimos. Players can check on what nodes they need to complete by talking to the Arbitration representative in the Arbiters of Hexis' Relay enclave.
Once players have Arbitrations unlocked, it will be displayed on the Operation window. There is only one Arbitration alert up at any given point on the Star Chart, changing nodes on an hourly basis. Arbitrations will only select nodes with endless missions (Survival, Interception, Defense, Excavation, Defection, Infested Salvage, or Disruption) and the enemy level range will start at 60-80.
- A Rank 30 Warframe is required to play Arbitrations, similar to Sortie Missions.
- Once a player loses all their Health, they do not enter the Bleedout phase; they die instantly. Furthermore, they are not allowed to revive themselves.
- , ' Undying Passive, and 's Tombstone Passive do not function in Arbitrations.
- Note that the absence of bleedout also extends to the player's Companions. Kavats can prevent death by being equipped with , Vulpaphylas equipped with , , or , and Sentinels equipped with ( ) or will function as normal.
- When a player dies, a Revive Tower will appear at their place of death with a waypoint, and Arbitration Shield Drones (see below) will begin to drop Resurgence Tokens on death.
- Resurgence Tokens function identically to Index Points: Picking them up will give the stacking Resurgence Burden debuff, which lowers Warframe maximum health and shields and constantly drains energy.
- 5 Resurgence Tokens are needed to revive a dead player, but they do not need to be carried by the same Warframe. Warframes carrying a cumulative total of 5 points must bring them to the Revive Tower at the same time.
- If a Warframe carrying Resurgence Tokens dies, all the tokens they are carrying will be lost.
- Resurgence Tokens are unaffected by and .
- Once all players are revived or the dead players leave the mission, excess Resurgence Tokens will disappear, removing the debuff.
- The missions sport modifiers unique to each:
- Excavation: Excavation time is increased from 100 seconds to 180 seconds, and takes two excavations to count for one round of rewards.
- Survival: Life Support Capsules are worth 75% of usual.
- Interception: Enemy towers fill twice as fast.
- Defense: The defense objective is a Hexis Operative NPC armed with . Unlike Sortie Defense, the Operative follows a chosen player instead of roaming by themselves, and can't be given a weapon by a Tenno. Downtime between waves is reduced to 2 seconds. Like players, the Operative will not enter bleedout, and their death will be an instant mission failure.
- Defection: Rescue targets cannot be revived.
- Infested Salvage: Consoles have 15 times of their normal health, but can not regenerate it by being exposed to a Vaporizer Bubble.
- Disruption: Demolyst and Demolisher beeping range is halved and are marked when within 15 meters of a Tenno (from 30 meters).
- While quitting the mission will not yield any rewards, failing the mission keeps any rewards earned at the end of a rotation, but not any resources or credits enemies may drop.
Arbitration Shield Drones
- Their tether provides complete immunity to Warframe abilities to nearby enemies. The drones themselves are also immune.
- The ability immunity extends to 's Rift Plane, in that they are unable to enter it and therefore cannot be killed by someone inside the Rift even while inside a . Enemies protected by the drones will not damage players inside the rift. Players can still fight with their Operator, as it cannot enter the rift.
- This immunity extends to Exalted Weapons.
- They completely lack any weakspots, thus their shield gating cannot be bypassed and therefore cannot be killed in a single hit.
- Upon death, the drones explode, dealing 3,000 damage to all enemy units in a radial effect, including other Arbitration Drones.
- Up to a maximum of 5 Arbitration Shield Drones can appear in the field at any given time.
- As of Hotfix 23.10.7 (2018-10-24), Arbitration Shield Drones do not benefit from the Ancient Healer's damage reduction aura.
- To encourage gameplay diversity, players are given a +300% Ability Strength bonus and a +300% Damage bonus to a random Warframe and Weapon for each alert. The affected Warframe and weapon change from one player to another: for example, one player could be given bonuses for playing with and/or a while another player can be given bonuses for playing with and/or a .
Arbitration Alerts reward one unit of Vitus Essence for every rotation completed, with more of it being an uncommon drop from Arbitration Drones. Players can use their collected Vitus Essence to purchase unique items and mods from the Arbitration representative in the Relays' Hexis Enclave.
Rewards are on an AABBCCCC... rotation, as opposed to the AABC rotation used in normal missions. After the first four rotations (AABB), the Arbitration will continue on the C rotation endlessly.
For Excavation missions, rewards are given out every two completed digs instead of every one dig.
For Disruption missions, rewards tier is determined by the standard Disruption reward system with no alterations, dependent upon round and conduits defended.
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|x900 Endo||44%||x1200 Endo||44.5%||x1500 Endo||33%|
|Ayatan Ayr Sculpture||9%||Ayatan Piv Sculpture||12%||Ayatan Orta Sculpture||20%|
|Ayatan Sah Sculpture||9%||Ayatan Vaya Sculpture||12%||x3||7%|
|Ayatan Valana Sculpture||9%||x3||7%||5%|
|5%||2.5%||Seeding Step Ephemera Blueprint||5%|
|2%||2.5%||Aura Forma Blueprint||4.5%|
|2%||Aura Forma Blueprint||2%||3.5%|
|Aura Forma Blueprint||1%||3.5%|
- Vitus Essence is used to buy items from the Arbitrations Vendor NPC in the Arbiters of Hexis room of any relay. Availability of wares are not affected by the player's reputation with the syndicate.
- Vitus Essence is also used to craft items, mainly Ephemeras.
- Once the mission is entered and the first rotation is reached, the mission will be counted as completed and will not be available anymore upon returning to the Orbiter, regardless of failing, aborting, or leaving on rotation.
- The most common way to suddenly die is by an enemy grenade. They make a beeping noise and are shown by a red marker. Be wary of them, as they can blast through even the tankiest Warframes.
- At the beginning of the mission, ask how many waves your squad wants to finish. The last thing you want is to press your luck when most of your squad has left.
- During Defense missions, it is recommended to have at least one healer ( , , , or one player using Protective Dash) to keep the target's health up. As the NPC will follow players, they can be better protected by huddling up in a narrow dead-end room/corridor, preferably with a single entrance.
- , , and are useful non-Warframe-specific mods for improving the chance of survival.
- Despite the presence of Warframe-specific bonuses, they will rarely make for more viable choices than survivability-focused Warframes. Survival is key to success, so it is helpful to use a Warframe with high survivability capabilities such as , , , or .
- The bonus can open up alternative builds however, as it will provide high Ability Strength that would otherwise require several mod slots, capacity, and penalties from Corrupted mods.
- Arbitration Drones should ideally be taken out as quickly as possible. Weapons with punch through, large projectiles hitboxes such as or Catchmoon, area of effect weapons and explosive Glaives, or high damage single-target weapons like sniper rifles are all effective at this task.
- Support Specters are highly useful for keeping the party and defense targets alive.
- Trinity and Wisp Warframe specters can provide rapid healing. The former also offers great energy regeneration.
- Ancient Healer specters and Shield Osprey specters provide damage reduction and shield regeneration respectively.
- It isn't advised to use specters that do not prioritize following the player (Ancient Healer specter, Charger specter, etc.) in endless missions where mobility is key (Survival, Defection and Excavation).
- Other specters that have no special abilities or traits, such as the Charger or Roller specter are not recommended as their durability is very low and they tend to not follow the player. However they can serve as a distraction, drawing aggro away from Tenno.
- with a Glaive weapon can be useful as the team's designated reviver for fallen allies, as she can safely kill enemies with her Glaive while in the air and collect the tokens necessary to do so all while staying invisible to enemies by jumping or aim gliding around.
- The randomly selected Ability Strength and Weapon Damage bonuses may not consistently apply to all Prime Warframes and Prime Weapons.
- Resurgence tokens collected by players who did not revive the downed player will not always disappear.
- For example, P1 dies, P2 collects 2 tokens, P3 collects none, P4 collects 5 and revives P1.
- After P1 is revived, P2 will still have 2 tokens .
- Arbitrations were originally known as "Elite Alerts" when they were pitched by the Development Team.
Last updated: Hotfix 25.7.6 (2019-09-18)
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • |
Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Deception, Hive,
Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • |
Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault • Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|Empyrean||Skirmish • Defense • Exterminate • Orphix • Volatile|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures