“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Arbitrations are a special Alert variant hosted by the Arbiters of Hexis, featuring "elite" versions of endless missions with additional modifiers for greater difficulty. It was introduced in Update 23.10.
In order to access an Arbitration, players must complete all nodes on the Star Chart including Dark Sectors, as well as the Void and the Derelicts, though the Assassination nodes of Mutalist Alad V and the Jordas Golem are both exempt from this. Players can check on what nodes they need to complete by talking to the Arbitration representative in the Arbiters of Hexis' Relay enclave.
Once players have Arbitrations unlocked, it will be displayed in Operation window. There is only one Arbitration alert up at any given point on the Star Chart, changing nodes on an hourly basis. Arbitrations will only select nodes with endless missions (Survival, Interception, Defense, Excavation, Defection, or Infested Salvage) and the enemy level range will start at 60-80.
All Arbitrations use the following rules:
- Players cannot revive themselves or other players. Once a player loses all their HP, they do not enter the Bleedout phase. They die instantly.
- Rewards are on a ABCC... rotation, as opposed to the AABC rotation used in normal missions. After the first two rotations, the Arbitration will continue on the C rotation endlessly.
- Rotation lengths are twice as long as normal missions (e.g. Survival gives one reward every 10 minutes, Defense gives one reward every 10 waves, and so on). Additionally, the missions also sport modifiers unique to each;
- Survival: Life Support Capsules are worth 75% of usual.
- Interception: Enemy towers fill twice as fast.
- Defense: Similar to Sortie Defense, the Defense target is a roaming NPC armed with the Telos Akbolto, and cannot equip the player's secondary weapon. Downtime between waves is reduced to 2 seconds.
- Excavation: Defense time is increased from 100 seconds to 180 seconds, and power cells charge 10% in place of 20%.
- Defection: Rescue targets cannot be revived.
- Infested Salvage: Consoles have half their normal health.
- Arbitration Shield Drones will spawn amongst the enemy ranks. They function similarly to Shield Ospreys, but instead grant complete Damage and Warframe Ability immunity to nearby enemies (except other Arbitration Drones). They are also immune to Warframe abilities themselves.
- While quitting the mission will not yield any rewards, failing the mission keeps any rewards earned at the end of a rotation, but not any resources or credits enemies may drop.
- To encourage gameplay diversity, players are given a +300% Ability Strength bonus and a +300% Damage bonus to a random Warframe and Weapon for each alert. The affected Warframe and weapon change from one player to another: for example, one player could be given bonuses for playing with Excalibur and/or a Skana while another player can be given bonuses for playing with Mag and/or a Braton.
Arbitration Alerts reward 1 unit of Vitus Essence for every rotation completed. Players can use their collected Vitus Essence to purchase unique items and mods from the Arbitration representative.
As mentioned above, additional end-of-rotation rewards are given out at half the rate as normal missions, using a ABCC... rotation with rotation C continuing endlessly.
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|1300 Endo||38%||1600 Endo||50%||2000 Endo||55%|
|Ayatan Ayr Sculpture||18%||Ayatan Piv Sculpture||20%||Ayatan Orta Sculpture||31%|
|Ayatan Sah Sculpture||18%||Ayatan Vaya Sculpture||20%||Adaptation||3.5%|
|Ayatan Valana Sculpture||18%||Adaptation||2.5%||Rolling Guard||3.5%|
|Rolling Guard||2%||Sharpshooter||2.5%||Vigorous Swap||3.5%|
Up to date as of Hotfix 24.0.6
- The Arbitration Shield Drones are immune to all Warframe abilities and can share this trait with enemies around them on top of the damage immunity. On the other hand, destroying the drones causes a powerful explosion that deals massive Blast damage to enemies in the area of the explosion. It's recommended that players deal with the drones as quickly as possible. Projectile launchers or weapons with large projectile hitboxes such as Arca Plasmor are ideal for this task, as the drones are fairly small and move around quickly.
- The ability immunity extends to Limbo's Rift Plane, in that they are unable to enter it and therefore cannot be killed by someone inside the Rift even while inside a Cataclysm. You can still switch to your Operator to damage the drones as it cannot enter the Rift Plane either. Enemies protected by the drones will not damage players inside the rift.
- The death explosion of Arbitration Shield Drones can damage nearby Arbitration Drones. Use this to your advantage.
- In many cases, it is not recommended to play as the Warframe suggested by the Arbitration. Survival of yourself, your teammates, and the objective (depending on mission type) is key to success, so it is wise to use a frame with high effective health such as Rhino, Nezha, Inaros, or a frame with healing and damage reduction support such as Trinity or Oberon. Killing the enemies is no harder than a sortie mission, so the large increase in Power Strength is welcome but ultimately unnecessary.
- Play it safe. Remember that you cannot revive yourself or your teammates: death is instant and permanent. Stay close to your teammates and proceed with extreme caution, especially in later rotations where every hazard can potentially cost your squad the mission.
- Specters can be used to aid you and your allies throughout these missions, making it ideal to bring them in situations where defending a key point is the objective, most notably defense, interception or infested salvage missions. It isn't advised to use specters that do not prioritize following the player (ancient healer specter, charger specter etc) in the other endless missions such as Survival, Defection and Excavation as movement is mostly key to success here.
- Trinity Warframe Specters are able to heal the defense target in defense missions, while also offering great energy regeneration, making it an ideal Warframe specter to bring to this mission type.
- Ancient Healer specters can be used to reduce incoming damage greatly for you and your teammates, and Shield Ospreys can be used to grant extra shields and a greater shield regen rate.
- Other specters that have no special abilities or traits, such as the charger or roller specter are not really recommended as their durability is very low and they tend to not follow the player. However they can serve as a distraction, drawing aggro away from both you and your teammates.
- The randomly selected Ability Strength and Weapon Damage bonuses may not consistently apply to all Prime Warframes and Prime Weapons.
- Gara's Splinter Storm is able to damage and kill Arbitration Shield Drones, against the design intention.
- Arbitrations were originally known as "Elite Alerts" when they were pitched by the Development Team.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Defection • Defense • Excavation • Exterminate • Hijack • Interception • Junction • Mobile Defense • Rescue • Sabotage (Deception, Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy • Survival|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush|
|Unique||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assault • Infested Salvage • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Arena||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Alert • Arbitrations • Crossfire • Hazards • Incursion • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure • Free Roam|