- This mod can be used to reduce the effect of Toxic Ancient's toxin damage when touching them. It also reduces the DoT toxin proc effect that can happen when coming into contact with them.
- It may also be useful in Sortie missions where elemental enhancement is present and the enemies are modified with additional Toxin damage.
- This mod was "Rare" before Update 10.2.
- The rarity change may have been accidental as it was not mentioned in the patch notes, however the "Rare" rating may have also been accidental considering the fact that other resistance mods are either "Uncommon" or "Common".
- This mod depicts the old model of the Toxic Ancient.
- Prior to Update 27.2, Warframes used Flesh as health type.
- Since Flesh has a 50% weakness to Toxin, the actual value of damage resistance received by this mod was lower.
Since Tenno Flesh is already vulnerable against Toxin damage by 50%, the damage reduction obtained from this mod is lower than implied. This is because of how Flesh is innately weak towards Toxin damage that adds an additional damage of 50%, thereby receiving 150% damage from all Toxin sources.
Therefore, using the Antitoxin mod reduces the damage type modifier of Toxin additively by 45 percentage points, not really by 45%, but a deduction from 150% to 105% of damage, which determines Antitoxin's True Value formula to be:
- True Value = Value × 2 ÷ 3