The Ankyros are a pair of gauntlets that can deliver blows quickly.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- High critical chance.
- High base attack speed.
- High blocking effectiveness of 85% instead of fist type's usual 60%.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matches Seismic Palm and Gaia's Tragedy stance.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Low status chance.
- Very short range.
- Ankyros, compared to Ankyros Prime:
- See Category:Ankyros Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Ankyros Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- When using these, remember that you must be really close and therefore expect yourself to be vulnerable to staggers, knockdowns knockbacks, and enemy fire.
- Occasionally, you may find it hard to hit an enemy even if they are directly in front of you. This may be a small mesh problem associated with the weapon's short range.
- Using Reach can effectively aid in hitting targets from slightly further away.
- A good combo is to use the jump slide kick (sprint and then jump and crouch) at an enemy, which will knock them over, allowing you to use the ground finisher.
- The inventory view of Ankyros uses the same icon as Ankyros Prime.
- The Ankyros was released on April 19, 2013 with Update 7.8.
- One of the phased skins released during the Steam Winter Sale of 2013 was for the Ankyros. This was the rarest one available, with only 10 known copies crafted.
- The Ankyros appears to take inspiration from a concept design of the Colossus from Dark Sector, as seen in the picture here.