The Amprex is a Corpus beam rifle that fires a continuous stream of arcs that can chain between units, making it a devastating crowd control weapon.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Innate damage – effective against Machinery and Robotics.
- Second highest critical chance of all continuous and automatic primaries, behind .
- Above average critical multiplier.
- High status chance.
- 's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Beam can chain up to 3 nearby enemies within 10 meters from the initial target.
- Enemy corpses will still allow the beam to connect to nearby enemies.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Damage ramps up from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Slow reload speed.
- Main beam has a limited range of 18 meters.
- Chain beam has a limited range of 10 meters.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When fired at an enemy, the beam will chain to the closest enemy within 10 meters of the initial target. From there it will chain again, up to a maximum of 3 chains in total. A chain will do 0.5n(n+1)/2 times the main beam's damage, where n is the chain number. Any enemy caught in the width of the beam will also be damaged.
- Headshotting the original target does not affect the chain damage.
- The beam will not chain to a Nullifier through its shield should it connect with a target outside or partially enclosed by it.
- The beam can also continue to chain to enemies even if targeting a dead enemy or an enemy who is dead but in a dying animation.
- Additional electrical arcs are also emitted, striking randomly around the player. However, these stray arcs are purely visual in effect.
- Compared to the , the Amprex deals more damage and it continuously arcs to other enemies, making it more effective against crowds. Use the Synapse for single targets and the Amprex for crowd control.
- The fire rate of Amprex is the same as Synapse, and it deals slightly more damage, however it has a 2.6s reload speed, nearly double the 1.5s reload speed of the Synapse.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon's high critical chance and damage make it ideal for critical focused builds using and .
- The Amprex's high fire rate and its low base damage make it highly ammo inefficient, consuming ammo at an alarming rate. It is recommended to use , Carrier's , or to ensure a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, bring Squad Ammo Restores to help replenish lost ammo.
- Alloy Armor is highly resistant to electricity damage. To counteract this, consider pairing it with or damage to respectively create or damage.
- can be used to reduce ammo consumption, increase time between reloads, and increase damage per hit, but at a cost to the weapon's DPS.
- Although it is preferred to mod the weapon to other damage types, base damage paired with its high status chance makes for a good stunning weapon among groups, and the added damage through electrical procs that chain to other enemies. Infested have no weakness or resistance to electrical damage, making the base electrical damage work well for that faction. Forma is often required to change the damage type to match the amount of damage done by pure electrical damage, however.
- Using with gives you two more beams that also chain to other targets, providing much more crowd control.
- Decreasing the accuracy of the Amprex with a mod like Heavy Caliber will not only increase the Amprex's damage but works well for large groups of enemies as it increases the spread of the weapons Fire.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the clan obtains the Energy Lab, it will take exactly 12 days to research this weapon.
- The Amprex's name is a portmanteau of the words Ampere (the base unit of the International System of Units used to quantify electric current) and the word Rex, which is the Latin word for king.
- The word ampere itself is named after a French mathematician and physicist, André-Marie Ampère, who's also considered to be one of the fathers of classical electromagnetism, most commonly known for Ampère's Circuital Law.
- Like the and , Amprex does not conform to the common Corpus weapon name scheme; two syllables ending in 'a'.
- The weapon shares its similarities on its battery components with .
- This is the third Primary weapon that deals purely damage, after the , and .
- This is the second clan weapon that does not need a Forma in its construction.
- Hatches on the side of the Amprex slowly open up during firing, spreading vanes underneath. This animation is a visual indicator of the weapon's magazine capacity, with the vanes spreading out more the closer the magazine is to empty. The hatch closes upon reloading.
- This is the first weapon in Energy Lab whose duplication costs 50,000 credits.
- After Update 15.13, the chained beams were changed to be affected by as well. As of Update 22.14, this is no longer the case.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- , the Infested equivalent of this weapon.
- , a Grineer particle cannon with a functionally equivalent chaining beam.
- , a Kuva Lich sidearm with a functionally equivalent chaining beam.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.