Draws power from the decibel level of sound in the area and uses it to amplify a damage buff for Octavia and her allies. It also doubles the damage and range of nearby Mallets.
|Strength:0.1x / 0.15x / 0.2x / 0.25x (min damage multiplier)
1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x (max damage multiplier)
|Range:8 / 10 / 12 / 14 m|
|Misc:200% (Mallet damage and range bonus)|
1 (limit of Amp fields)
- Octavia throws an amplifier device in an arc toward the direction she aims. Upon impact, the amplifier transforms the ground into a dance floor, encompassing the surrounding terrain in a field of sound sensors with a radius of 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 meters for 30 seconds. While standing inside the Amp field, Octavia and her allies gain a scaling weapon base damage multiplier with a minimum of 0.10x / 0.15x / 0.2x / 0.25x to a maximum of 1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x, depending on the sound level in the environment.
- Field radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Minimum and maximum damage multipliers are affected by Ability Strength.
- Sounds originating from gunfire, footsteps, alarms, melee strikes, abilities such as Mallet, Resonator, and Metronome, and many more can affect Amp's damage multiplier.
- Amp damage multiplier is displayed as an icon with the current damage multiplier in percentage, beside the shield and health indicator on the top-right of the HUD.
- Amp's damage buff is an additive base damage multiplier that functions the same as (and adds together with) base damage mods like Serration. If these mods are present, all the multipliers are added together before any further calculations such as elemental damage mods, critical hit mods, or multishot mods.
- Ability Synergy: When Mallet is hovering over an Amp field from any Octavia player, the percussive aura will double in damage and range.
- Can be recast while active to create a new Amp field. Octavia is limited to only 1 active Amp field at a time.
- Casting Amp is not a One-Handed Action as it interrupts other actions, but allows movement.
- Casting animation is affected by Casting Speed, such as from Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Amp field sound sensors visually produce sound bars that enlarge, shrink, stretch vertically, horizontally and diagonally depending on Percussion, Bass, and Melody music from Octavia's other abilities.
- Sound sensors will only visibly react to the owner Octavia's abilities and not from other Octavia players in a squad. This is a visual effect only, as the sound level in the environment does affect any Amp field's damage multiplier.
- The thrown amplifier device serves both as a visual anchor point and generator for the Amp field. Nullifier Crewman's bubble must come in direct contact with the amplifier device to dispel this ability.
- When more than one Amp instances (when we have 2 or more Octavia in same squad, also Specter) at same location or when player stand on the intersect part of 2 or more AoEs of Amp, player will get bonus of highest effect Amp.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.