Ambulas is the Corpus boss of Pluto, possessing a highly intelligent AI called Animo that allows it to learn and adapt from previous combat experiences to ensure that the proxy cannot be defeated by the same strategy twice. Animo was created by Ergo Glast during his time with the Corpus as a means of resolving conflict, only for Frohd Bek to misuse and weaponize it as part of Operation: Ambulas Reborn; fearing that Animo's learning may result in a repetition of the catastrophe which occurred when the Orokin made similar strides with advanced AI, Glast seeks the Tenno's aid to destroy the Animo processor.
Ambulas units are dispatched by Condor Dropships on any Corpus Outpost mission on Pluto; disabling and hacking into these units award Animo Nav Beacons which are required to initiate the Ambulas boss on the mission Hades, Pluto. After defeating it finishing the mission, the player will receive a Trinity component blueprint.
[edit | edit source]
Challenging Ambulas on Hades, Pluto requires 20 Animo Nav Beacons for each player in the squad. The beacons are consumed on mission completion, and also refunds 10 beacons.
These Nav Beacons are obtained through defeating and hacking Ambulas proxies that are deployed via Condor Dropships in the Corpus Outpost tileset on Pluto. Once hacked, the Ambulas will reactivate and ally with the Tenno. These dropships spawn in an interval of 3-5 minutes, making endless missions an optimal choice for farming them. Defense missions have a chance for Ambulas to spawn once every five waves, with some occasions having 2 spawn within 5 waves and others having no Ambulas'.
Another good option for Animo Nav Beacons is Regna, a Rescue mission on Pluto. Very often the stage will start with the player outside - if not, abort the mission and repeat until an Ambulas spawns, then speedrun the stage.
Farming Locations[edit | edit source]
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the resource until better facts are proven.
|Pluto||Outer Terminus||Defense||30 - 40||Corpus Outpost|
|Pluto||Regna||Rescue||34 - 38||Corpus Outpost|
|Pluto||Minthe||Mobile Defense||30 - 34||Corpus Outpost|
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Fusion-Thrower: Ambulas releases a massive laser from its head. It can either sweep the laser upward, or rotate.
- Charged Fusion-Thrower: Ambulas glows red and releases a massive laser from its head after a charging period. It rotates 3 times. It also regens its shields to 110% of their maximum value, gaining overshields.
- Electro-Mortar: Ambulas releases small shots onto the ground that burst into electric nets.
- Ground-Burst: Ambulas stomps the ground three times in quick succession, causing shockwaves all around it that knockdown.
- Leap: Ambulas leaps and stomps the ground, creating a ring of fire on landing.
- Capital Ship Artillery: Used exclusively during the Ambulas boss on Hades, Pluto, Frohd Bek's capital ship launches an artillery strike on the Tenno.
- Capital Ship Laser: Used exclusively during the Ambulas boss on Hades, Pluto, Frohd Bek's capital ship fires a single, continuous laser at the Tenno.
Defenses[edit | edit source]
- Ambulas' body is covered in 9 armor plates; four on each leg and one covering its head. These plates must be destroyed to deal damage to Ambulas. Once a a plate is destroyed, the health can be directly attacked by hitting the destroyed section. Its gun and back are not protected by plates. However damage is severly reduced to both locations. Hitting the gun has a 0.1x multiplier, while shooting the back has a 0.5x multiplier while shields are up. When shields are down, Hitting the gun has a 0.01x multiplier and shooting the back has a 0.05x multiplier.
- It is immune to Viral procs.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Being fought at their mass production facility, the Ambulas units respawn indefinitely. During the battle, after every 2 minutes a Condor Dropship will arrive to tractor any Ambulas units back to Frohd Bek's capital ship in the background, then spawn additional combat proxies. As the fight progresses, the number of Ambulas appearing in battle increases from one to two.
The goal of the Ambulas boss fight is deplete the unit's health, then hack it and defend it from heavily reinforcing Corpus until the next dropship arrives. Unlike the non-boss version, these Ambulas will remain disabled and are unable to provide support to the Tenno. If the player does not hack the Ambulas fast enough, or a Remech Osprey repairs a disabled Ambulas, it will reactivate with all its health and the Tenno are forced to fight it again.
To win the battle, a certain number of hacked Ambulas units must be delivered to the capital ship depending on squad size: 4 for a one-player squad, 5 for a two-player squad, and 6 for a three- and four-player squad. These hacked Ambulas serve as trojan horses that will destroy the ship and thus the Animo processor. However, if the dropship retrieves 3 unhacked Ambulas, the capital ship will flee and thus fail the mission, unless the dropship also carries a hacked Ambulas that will meet the hacked quota.
|Tileset||Orb Vallis||Codex Scans||3|
|Weapon||Fusion thrower, Radial beam||Other Drops||None|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Organ Shatter 7.588%|
Fever Strike 0.738%
Molten Impact 0.738%
North Wind 0.738%
Reflex Coil 0.738%
Shocking Touch 0.738%
Life Strike 0.202%
Split Chamber 0.202%
|+ ++ + - -|
|++ ++ +++ - -|
|++ +++ - -|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- For some reason, both Valkyr's Hysteria and the Hirudo cannot life steal off of Ambulas.
- Only Ambulas proxies deployed by Condor Dropships on Pluto can drop the listed mods and resources. Ambulas proxies encountered during the assassination mission on Hades Pluto do not drop items.
- Baruuk's Serene Storm ability under the effect of the Reactive Storm augment will not change damage types when attacking an Ambulas, most likely for the same reason life steal effects do not work.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ambulas was introduced Update 6.0, replacing the stock photo and name of Arn Etina in the process (as Arn Etina never had a physical model in-game). Prior to Update 20.4, Ambulas used an upscaled generic MOA model with a unique, all-black paint job.
- Although Ambulas had its own physical model, it still used the generic MOA model addressing the Tenno. Ambulas was also the only boss to be completely silent when it addressed the Tenno.
- Ambulas is currently the highest-leveled boss in the game, barring any boss used in Sorties.
- Ambulas means "you walk" in Latin, fitting the boss's depiction as an upgraded MOA Walker.
- After the introduction of Simulacrum, Ambulas was the only boss that could have been summoned there. This was fixed upon Hotfix 16.0.4. However, Ambulas can once again be summoned as of Update 20.4.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 22.20.6