The Amalgam Satyr is a Corpus Amalgam hybridized with Sentient technology. Possessing three pairs of legs, with one pair also doubling as blasters, it is a fast unit that alternates between melee and ranged attacks.
- Under normal circumstances, the Satyr typically stands on one pair of legs, either its Sentient pair or its Shockwave MOA pair, which influences its combat behavior;
- If it stands on its Sentient legs, the Satyr will fire its blasters, dealing damage. The blasters themselves have below-average accuracy, but deal damage in an area of effect to compensate.
- If it stands on its MOA legs, the Satyr will focus on melee attacks, either by performing a Shockwave Stomp (which comes out much faster compared to a normal Shockwave MOA's), or by throwing its body at a nearby player.
- If the player is at least 15 meters away, the Satyr will go down on all six limbs and charge at them, tackling them when they get close. The Satyr will orient itself on its MOA legs shortly afterwards.
- Despite its Codex description claiming that "[It] doesn't care which way is up", the Satyr will orient itself accordingly depending on player proximity; getting too close to a Satyr will make it swap to its MOA legs and vice versa.
Amalgam Satyrs possess Damage Reduction that scales depending on your weapon's DPS excluding critical hits. DPS is calculated by
Critical Hits are applied after the damage resistance is calculated. Additionally, the average DPS is calculated using all health/shield modifiers, other sources of damage reduction, and is quantized.
Proc Damage uses the same formulas where average DPS is defined as :
- As with all Amalgams, their shields are incapable of regenerating after being completely removed.
- The Satyr does not have Body Part Multipliers of any sort.
- In the event the Satyr is knocked down, the Satyr will stand on its MOA legs as it gets back up.
- The Satyr's orientation change is not instantaneous. Use this to your advantage by rushing a Satyr that's using its blasters, forcing it to swap to its MOA legs and briefly leaving it vulnerable.
- In Greek mythology, a Satyr is a male nature spirit originally depicted as a human with the ears and tail of a horse, though some earlier depictions had them also sport a horse's lower legs. Later representations during the Renaissance would depict Satyrs with the horns and lower legs of a goat, which may have been the basis for the Amalgam's multiple limbs (with the MOA legs, and their focus on melee combat, standing in for the nature spirit's horns).
|Introduced||Update 25.0 (2019-05-22)||Mod Drops:|
|+ ++ + - -|
|++ ++ +++ - -|
- Possesses an innate 20% damage resistance.
- Periodically projects a nullifying field that cannot be disabled or destroyed.