The Amalgam Alkonost is a Corpus Amalgam. Fully converted into a Sentient, this unit can latch onto their organic allies and inject enhancers directly into their brain, boosting their offense and defense prowess.
Alkonosts can enhance nearly any humanoid Corpus unit, including those that it would never encounter within the Gas City. Enhanced units will fully regain all their health and shields after the injection, and gain drastically improved movement speed and greatly increased damage resistance. They also manifest a blue aura, and if their helmets are shot off, it will reveal that their facial skin is melted, which exposes their red fleshy muscles. Alkonosts are also immune to status effects and certain Warframe abilities.
Eligible targets are listed below. Anything italicized refers to targets Alkonosts cannot encounter in regular gameplay:
- Almost all Crewmen (Normal, Detron, Elite, Nullifier, Prod, Sniper, Tech, Overtaker, Plasmor, Trencher) and their tileset variants;
- Combas and Scrambuses;
- Orb Vallis Targets (Cestra Target, Sniper Target, Supra Target, Trencher Target);
- Heist Targets (Armaments Director, Sentient Research Director, Vivisect Director);
- Select Index brokers (Jad Teran, Pelna Cade, Ved Xol, Armis Ulta, Dru Pesfor, Rana Del); and
- Corrupted Nullifiers, which can spawn during Void Fissures, but not Corrupted Crewmen.
Amalgam Alkonosts possess Damage Reduction that scales depending on your weapon's DPS excluding critical hits. DPS is calculated by
Critical Hits are applied after the damage resistance is calculated. Additionally, the average DPS is calculated using all health/shield modifiers, other sources of damage reduction, and is quantized.
Proc Damage uses the same formulas where average DPS is defined as :
- An Alkonost affected by will not attempt to upgrade anyone, and simply fire at its enemies.
- A captured and upgraded Corpus can also be Mind Controlled, giving you a stronger unit. However they will often choose to take cover more than engage enemies.
- It is possible for Amalgam Alkonosts to spawn as Eximus units, albeit very rarely due to their already rare spawn rate in most missions.
- These forms include Energy Leech Eximus, Guardian Eximus and Blitz Eximus.
- Alkonost is the name of a mythological creature of Slavic folklore, a woman-headed bird, similar to the Sirens of Greek mythology.
- While almost entirely converted into a sentient form it still retains some of the original host used for conversion, shown by a single Crewman helmet (whether it includes a head or not is unknown) at the very top of the creature, and the host's gloves.
- Alkonosts can be seen in various pools in the Sentient Ship tileset.