The Akbolto is the dual-wield version of the . They have a doubled magazine capacity and a faster fire rate but suffer from a longer reload time.
This weapon can be sold for 5,000, and it is also a requisite ingredient for .
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier.
- Tied with for the fastest fire rate of all semi-auto pistols.
- Large magazine size.
- No initial spread. Spread increases very slightly on subsequent shots.
- On kill, bodies will follow the bolt that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Low and no damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Extremely low status chance.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Low reload speed.
- Akbolto (Normal), compared to Bolto (Normal):
- Akbolto (Normal), compared to Telos Akbolto (Normal):
- Lower base damage per projectile (40 vs. 47)
- Lower total damage (40 vs. 47)
- Higher base critical chance (16% vs. 13%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2.4x vs. 2x)
- Lower base status chance (2.2% vs. 29%)
- Lower average damage per shot (48.96 vs. 53.11)
- Lower burst DPS (489.6 vs. 531.1)
- Lower sustained DPS (262.29 vs. 284.52)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (9 vs. 11)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 1.25)
- Lack of an innate Truth effect
- Akbolto (Normal), compared to Akbolto Prime (Normal):
- Higher base damage per projectile (40 vs. 32)
- Higher total damage (40 vs. 32)
- Lower base critical chance (16% vs. 36%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (2.4x vs. 2.8x)
- Lower base status chance (2.2% vs. 14%)
- Lower average damage per shot (48.96 vs. 52.74)
- Higher burst DPS (489.6 vs. 369.15)
- Lower sustained DPS (262.29 vs. 300.73)
- Higher fire rate (10 round(s)/sec vs. 7 round(s)/sec)
- Smaller magazine (30 round(s) vs. 40 round(s))
- Slower reload time (2.6 s vs. 1.3 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (9 vs. 13)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 1.2)
The Akbolto's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
- The bolts pins targets to the walls upon death.
- Bolts can puncture through containers.
- Since this weapon deals mostly damage, it is effective against armored enemies, like the Grineer and most Corrupted.
- For effective use of non-hitscan weapons, it is strongly recommended to learn to lead the target. In short, leading means aiming ahead of your enemy so the projectile still hits them.
- Moderate recoil makes fast subsequent shots more difficult to land when fire rate mods are used.
- Using the mod can help regain lost ammo when needed.
- With decently leveled and fully leveled Multishot mods such as and these pistols visibly fire 2-3 bolts per shot. When used over a longer range this results in the Akbolto having the effective use of "spray and pray" weapons whilst retaining respectable damage out-put and ammo economy.
- The bolts spawn as physical objects at the muzzle of the Akbolto.
- If an enemy is standing right in front of you so that the muzzle is inside of it, you will sometimes not be able to hit, because the Akbolto is non-hitscan and pretty long, so the bolts spawn behind the hitbox of that enemy.
- Also, if taking cover behind a thick object (i.e. door case) you will not be able to shoot anything but the wall in front you if the muzzle is inside of that object.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
- PC users may properly utilize Akbolto's double fire rate if weapon fire is bound to downward mouse scrolling (set it as an alternate bind to still allow fire with mouse button). However, the wheel must be scrolled at just the right speed to avoid oversampling (attempting to fire the weapon when it's not ready, causing an effectively slower fire). This allows the weapon to be fired in rapid bursts.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.5 (2018-12-13)
- , the single counterpart of the Akbolto.
- , the rifle counterpart of the Akbolto.
- , the melee counterpart of the Akbolto.
- , the custom version used by the Arbiters of Hexis.
- , the akimbo sidearm for which Akbolto is a reagent.
- , the Prime counterpart.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|