Akarius is 's signature burst-fire dual launchers that fires a pair of homing rockets with high status chance and a large 7.2-meter explosion radius. Uniquely, this weapon reloads faster while sprinting, and reloads even faster when wielded by Gauss.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Very high base damage.
- Very high status chance.
- High accuracy.
- Rockets homes in on enemies within 15° degrees.
- Rockets explode in a 7.2 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Reloading while sprinting gives a +50% reload speed bonus (+100% when used by ).
- Innate two polarities.
- Innate damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- No or damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Low critical chance.
- Explosions have 0% critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger, and the guaranteed 2-round minimum bursts make these more severe than other launchers.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 30% from central impact.
- Very slow base reload speed.
- High recoil, although mitigated by its homing capabilities.
- Small magazine; being a 2-round burst weapon carrying 10 bullets it only has 5 bursts per magazine.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with three bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Extremely low ammo capacity; requires just 2 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
|Main Blueprint||1.25%||80 kills||549 ± 183 kills|
All drop rates data is obtained from DE's official droptables.
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
- Demolisher Infested are unaffected by ' , 's , 's , 's , 's , or Chesa Kubrow's .
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While sprinting, reload speed is increased by 50%, or 100% when used by . Without other mods, sprinting reload speed is 2.27 seconds, or 1.7 seconds with Gauss.
- Reload speed bonus while sprinting is additive with other reload speed mods.
- The rockets this weapon fires home towards the center of enemy hitboxes. In the case of humanoid enemies, this often means the rockets will target the groin region, making it difficult to achieve headshots with the projectiles. However, the AoE blasts can also count as headshots if they happen above the enemy, which the initial arcing of shots via Magnum Force can actually make easier to acheive.
- Though the description states that rockets arm after reaching a safe distance, this refers to the old behavior of the weapon prior to Update 29.5 (2020-11-19). Currently, rockets will detonate at any range, damaging enemies and staggering the player as normal.
- On missions where you have an NPC that you can hand your secondary weapon to, such as Rescue and some Defense missions, the reload frequency of the NPC does not predictably follow the magazine size of the Akarius. The NPC has been seen reloading after having fired anywhere between just over half of to nearly double the magazine size of the weapon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although the Akarius reloads faster while sprinting, it's recommended to install ( ) to improve its reload speed.
- Due to its low ammo reserves and faster reload while sprinting, the player should always be on the move to keep the weapon firing at a consistent pace, or install ( ).
- The Akarius benefits very greatly from use of the Energized Munitions ability available from the Helminth.
- can be used to enhance this weapon's damage potential, as the homing rockets and their AoE splash damage makes the accuracy penalty minimal when shooting.
- Arcane Pistoleer is very powerful when paired with the Akarius; it can be toggled by enemies killed by an AoE blast above them, so as long as there are enough enemies a maxed Arcane Pistoleer will trigger quite frequently.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The mechanics of both the Akarius and the are similar to Gyrojet firearms, which were developed in the 1960s and also fired small rockets that armed themselves as they traveled out of the gun. In real life, accuracy and reliability issues meant that the Gyrojets never entered mass production.
- With the visual and audio mechanics around how the Akarius reloads, the weapon appears to be at least semi-organic. The Tenno does not reload a clip; from all appearances the Tenno instead feeds energy into the weapon and the ammunition is "grown" back onto it, with the 5 base rounds per gun visible on the upper "arms" of the guns, which have also been seen moving.
Media[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|