Akarius is Gauss's signature burst-fire dual launchers that fires a pair of homing rockets with high status chance and a large 7.2-meter explosion radius. Uniquely, this weapon reloads faster while sprinting, and reloads even faster when wielded by Gauss.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Innate Blast damage – effective against Machinery and Fossilized.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Very high status chance.
- High accuracy.
- Rockets homes in on enemies within 15° degrees.
- Homing mitigates Magnum Force's accuracy penalty.
- Rockets explode in a 7.2 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Reloads ? seconds faster while sprinting (? when used by Gauss).
- Can benefit from Fulmination ( Primed).
- Innate two polarities.
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- No Puncture or Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Low critical chance.
- Explosions have 0% critical chance.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 30% from central impact.
- Very slow base reload speed.
- High recoil, although mitigated by its homing capabilities.
- Small magazine; being a 2-round burst weapon carrying 10 bullets it only has 5 bursts per magazine.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with three bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Extremely low ammo capacity; requires just 2 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
|Main Blueprint||1.25%||80 kills||549 ± 183 kills|
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
- Demolisher Infested are unaffected by Nekros' Desecrate, Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm, Khora's Pilfering Strangledome, Atlas's Ore Gaze, Ivara's Prowl, or Chesa Kubrow's Retrieve.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While sprinting, reload rate is increased by 50%, or 100% when used by Gauss. Without other mods, sprinting reload speed is 2.27 seconds, or 1.7 seconds with Gauss. This bonus is additive with other reload rate mods; final reload speed is 3.4 / (1 + reload.mods + sprint bonus).
- The rockets this weapon fires home towards the center of enemy hitboxes. In the case of humanoid enemies, this often means the rockets will target the groin region, making it difficult to achieve headshots.
- Though the description states that rockets arm after reaching a safe distance, this refers to the old behavior of the weapon, prior to the removal of self-damage from explosive weapons. Currently, rockets will detonate at any range, damaging enemies and staggering the player as normal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although the Akarius reloads faster while sprinting, it's recommended to install Quickdraw ( Primed) to improve its reload speed.
- Although the arming distance is unaffected by Projectile Speed, it's best to avoid Riven Mods that reduce it to avoid getting caught in the blast radius.
- Due to its low ammo reserves and faster reload while sprinting, the player should always be on the move to keep the weapon firing at a consistent pace.
- Magnum Force can be used to enhance this weapon's damage potential, as the homing rockets and their AoE splash damage makes the accuracy penalty minimal when shooting.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The mechanics of both the Akarius and the Acceltra are similar to Gyrojet firearms, which were developed in the 1960s and also fired small rockets that armed themselves as they traveled out of the gun. In real life, accuracy and reliability issues meant that the Gyrojets never entered mass production.
Media[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]