Aerolysts are Sentient combat drones with a tendency to hover high in the air and has the ability to heal its allies. In addition to its damage adaptation, it is immune to harm until the eight canisters surrounding its torso are destroyed.
As a Sentient, once the canisters are destroyed making it vulnerable, the Aerolyst has the ability to adapt up to 4 damage type from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant 95% resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, with the percentage listed below:
- First gate: 25% Health lost
- Second gate: 45% Health lost
- Third gate: 65% Health lost
- Fourth gate: 80% Health lost
Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.
The damage gating also prevents Aerolysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:
- 25% at full health
- 20% between 75% & 55% max HP
- 20% between 55% & 35% of max HP
- 15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Aerolyst will take damage normally at every instance
For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with a high fire rate.
On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.
Using the Operator's Void Beam, Excalibur Umbra's Radial Howl, a rank 40 Paracesis, or Shedu's pulse on expending all ammo will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.
- The Aerolyst is immune to damage until the eight canisters on its torso are destroyed. Destroying them will stun the Aerolyst, but it will replenish the canisters and regain invulnerability after 10 seconds from being stunned.
- The Aerolyst capability of being totally immune to damage until its canisters are destroyed added to its innate Sentient damage adaptation makes the Aerolyst one of the most troublesome Sentients to deal with, as they are difficult to target and being a flying unit will rarely be on range for a melee attack. For these reasons, the Aerolyst should be a priority target to eliminate before the number of other Sentients units make it too difficult.
- The Aerolyst projectiles are, however, way easier to avoid compared to Battalysts lasers, therefore even slowing it down and stall it can be a good strategy while more dangerous Sentients are dealt with.
- Weapons with large hitboxes, such as Ignis ( Wraith), Arca Plasmor, Fulmin, or Catchmoon are effective at destroying the canisters.
- Nova's Molecular Prime can considerably slow down the Aerolyst, making the process of targetting and destroying the canisters much easier.
- The Aerolyst first appeared in the Erra quest in a cinematic.
|Drone||Aerolyst • Anu Mantalyst • Anu Pyrolyst • Battalyst • Brachiolyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst • Symbilyst|
|Spectral||Anu Interference Drone • Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr|
|Ships||Condrix • Gyrix • Ionyx • Murex • Splintrix|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Condrix • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|