Aerolysts are flying Sentient combat drones with the ability to heal their allies. They are immune to harm until the eight canisters surrounding their torsos are destroyed.
As a Sentient, Aerolysts have the ability to adapt up to 4 damage types from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, at the percentages listed below:
- First gate: 25% Health lost.
- Second gate: 45% Health lost.
- Third gate: 65% Health lost.
- Fourth gate: 80% Health lost.
Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.
On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.
The adaptation decreases in effectiveness the more damage types it resists.
- For the first adaptation, the Aerolysts will resist the damage type by 90%.
- For the second adaptation, the Aerolysts will resist the damage type by 80%.
- For the third adaptation, the Aerolysts will resist the damage type by 75%.
- For the fourth adaptation, the Aerolysts will resist the damage type by 70%.
Using the Operator's Void Beam, 's , a rank 40 , 's pulse on expending all ammo or Xaku's Xata's Whisper will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however, the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.
The Aerolysts also receive another 40% resistance to the damage type at each adaptation, which stacks multiplicatively with the previously listed ones. These resistances cannot be removed by any of the methods listed above.
The damage gating also prevents Aerolysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:
- 25% at full health
- 20% between 75% & 55% max HP
- 20% between 55% & 35% of max HP
- 15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Aerolysts will take damage normally at every instance
For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.
- The Aerolyst is immune to damage until the eight canisters on its torso are destroyed. Destroying them will stun the Aerolyst, but it will replenish the canisters and regain invulnerability after 10 seconds from being stunned.
- The Aerolyst capability of being totally immune to damage until its canisters are destroyed added to its innate Sentient damage adaptation makes the Aerolyst one of the most troublesome Sentients to deal with, as they are difficult to target and being a flying unit will rarely be on range for a melee attack. For these reasons, the Aerolyst should be a priority target to eliminate before the number of other Sentients units make it too difficult.
- The Aerolyst projectiles are, however, far easier to avoid compared to Battalysts lasers, therefore even slowing it down and stalling it can be a good strategy while more dangerous Sentients are dealt with.
- Weapons with large hitboxes, such as , ( ), , , or Catchmoon are effective at destroying the canisters.
- 's can considerably slow down the Aerolyst, making the process of targetting and destroying the canisters easier.
- The Aerolyst first appeared in the Erra quest in a cinematic.
|Drone||Aerolyst • Anu Mantalyst • Anu Pyrolyst • Battalyst • Brachiolyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst • Ortholyst • Summulyst • Symbilyst|
|Spectral||Anu Interference Drone • Choralyst • Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr|
|Ships||Condrix • Gyrix • Ionyx • Murex • Orphix • Splintrix|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Condrix • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|