“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Adaptation is a Warframe mod that grants damage resistance to the last damage type received to the player by 10% for 20s. This effect can stack up to 90% resistance.
|Rank||Damage Resistance||Duration||Maximum Resistance||Cost|
- The resistance received from this mod stacks multiplicatively with other sources of resistance application, including, but not limited to:
- Armor damage mitigation
- Ancient Healer aura damage mitigation
- Impact, Puncture, Slash, Cold, Electricity, Heat, Toxin, Blast, Corrosive, Magnetic, Radiation, and Viral damage types stack their respective resistances separately, and will have different icons in the status bar
- One attack can only increase one resistance type
- The resistance type given by an attack will reflect the highest damage component of an attack
- It may be beneficial not to rank up this mod on Warframes which can afford to take multiple hits already, as the mod cost is minimal when at rank 0. As the maximum attainable resistance remains the same regardless of the mod's rank, the only benefit from ranking it up is the rate at which the resistances are gained and the duration of each stack. The difference is that from rank 0 to rank 10 the resistance % per attack and the duration both double, though the mod cost increases by 10.
- This mod is most effective on naturally durable frames such as Valkyr, Inaros, and Atlas. Note that abilites like Rhino's Iron Skin are not affected by the damage resistance granted by this mod.
- However, the damage resistance does affect shields. Frames with naturally high shields can take advantage of the recharging capability of shields, their high capacity, and the damage resistance to repeatedly weather fire from large numbers of enemies.
- In the case of Nezha's Warding Halo, Adaptation will only reduce part of the 10% damage taken to Shields and Health, but will not reduce damage taken to Warding Halo itself. This can help to serve as a damage buffer for when Warding Halo expires.
- This mod appears to prevent, or give a chance to prevent, status effects from the damage types that the user has accumulated resistances to. Requires testing.
- When True damage from Slash procs is taken, Corrosive adaptation is granted. This, however, is a visual placeholder for True Damage adaptation, and still applies as normal.
- Some enemy attacks will instantly max your resistance to 90% to that damage type, such as a Heavy Gunner hitting you with her weapon when you get close, or her ground slam.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.7