Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals Toxin damage.
- Innate Toxin damage – effective against Flesh and bypasses Shielded and Proto Shields.
- Guaranteed Toxin proc, in addition to procs from the weapon's status chance.
- High reload speed.
- Pinpoint accuracy at close range.
- No recoil.
- Can use the Acrid-exclusive Toxic Sequence mod.
- Innate Toxin damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotics, and Fossilized.
- Low critical chance.
- Low status chance.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Additional projectiles from multishot begin to spread horizontally at 20 meters, spreading out considerably at longer ranges.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Acrid leaves a stackable damage over time effect due to its Toxin proc, which ticks 6 times over 6 seconds.
- Enemies disintegrate when killed, similar to Saryn's Miasma. This effect is unique to the Acrid and is not shared with other Toxin weapons like the Torid or the Embolist.
- The toxin mixture in the barrel is affected by the Acrid's energy color and the tiny explosion effect on needle impact. Note that the explosion effect is purely cosmetic.
- The Toxin effect's damage over time scales with the Acrid's base damage, including Toxin damage mods. For example, Pathogen Rounds, Hornet Strike, Magnum Force, and Faction Damage Mods directly affect the damage over time. Damage per tick is 50% of this base damage.
- Even if the weapon is modded to no longer deal Toxin damage on-hit, Toxin mods like Pathogen Rounds still increase the Toxin damage.
- Despite its incredibly high base accuracy, the Acrid's accuracy value is heavily degraded by Magnum Force well beyond what the mod's penalty would suggest, making the weapon highly inaccurate as a result.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Semi-automatic firing can be countered by simply adding an alternative way of firing on 'scroll up' or 'scroll down' through the keybinding customization.
- Getting headshots will not only double the damage of the weapon but double the resulting damage ticks as well.
- Toxic Sequence can cause proc length to triple; stacking shots quickly on enemies will cause their health to quickly succumb to thousands of damage a second, with players able to stack many shots at once before the first damage tick expires.
- Lethal Momentum can help mitigate the travel time for projectiles to reach their targets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before Update 10.0, equipping Saryn, Mire, Torid, and Acrid would give you the only loadout consisting solely of toxin-based attacks.
- As of Update 15.5 the Acrid is physically the largest handgun in Warframe.
- One definition for "acrid" is "sharp and harsh or unpleasantly pungent in taste or odor", likely owing to the gun's toxin-based damage.
- The Acrid has written in Grineer near the barrel, this translates to "Obey".
- The Acrid also has written in Grineer near the bottom of the weapon, this translates to "Rot".
- Inside of a Chem Lab, a holographic Acrid can be seen, similar to many other Grineer weapons.
- The Acrid is the only non-Infested weapon available via the Bio Lab.
- A tiny Grineer emblem is visible on both sides of the weapon's receiver.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.3
See also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.