The Acrid is a Grineer weapon firing -filled flechettes.
- Innate damage – effective against Flesh and bypasses Shielded and Proto Shields.
- Guaranteed proc, in addition to procs from the weapon's status chance.
- High reload speed.
- Pinpoint accuracy at close range.
- No recoil.
- Can use the Acrid-exclusive mod.
- Innate damage – less effective against Machinery, Robotics, and Fossilized.
- Low critical chance.
- Low status chance.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Additional projectiles from multishot begin to spread horizontally at 20 meters, spreading out considerably at longer ranges.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Bio Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- The Acrid leaves a stackable damage over time effect due to its proc, which ticks 6 times over 6 seconds.
- Enemies disintegrate when killed, similar to 's . This effect is unique to the Acrid and is not shared with other weapons like the or the .
- The toxin mixture in the barrel is affected by the Acrid's energy color and the tiny explosion effect on needle impact. Note that the explosion effect is purely cosmetic.
- The effect's damage over time scales with the Acrid's base damage, including damage mods. For example, , , , and Faction Damage Mods directly affect the damage over time. Damage per tick is 50% of this base damage.
- Even if the weapon is modded to no longer deal damage on-hit, mods like still increase the damage.
- Despite its incredibly high base accuracy, the Acrid's accuracy value is heavily degraded by well beyond what the mod's penalty would suggest, making the weapon highly inaccurate as a result.
- Semi-automatic firing can be countered by simply adding an alternative way of firing on 'scroll up' or 'scroll down' through the keybinding customization.
- Getting headshots will not only double the damage of the weapon but double the resulting damage ticks as well.
- can cause proc length to triple; stacking shots quickly on enemies will cause their health to quickly succumb to thousands of damage a second, with players able to stack many shots at once before the first damage tick expires.
- can help mitigate the travel time for projectiles to reach their targets.
- Before Update 10.0 (2013-09-13), equipping , , , and Acrid would give you the only loadout consisting solely of toxin-based attacks.
- As of Update 15.5 (2014-11-27) the Acrid is physically the largest handgun in Warframe.
- One definition for "acrid" is "sharp and harsh or unpleasantly pungent in taste or odor", likely owing to the gun's toxin-based damage.
- The Acrid has written in Grineer near the barrel, this translates to "Obey".
- The Acrid also has written in Grineer near the bottom of the weapon, this translates to "Rot".
- Inside of a Chem Lab, a holographic Acrid can be seen, similar to many other Grineer weapons.
- The Acrid is the only non-Infested weapon available via the Bio Lab.
- A tiny Grineer emblem is visible on both sides of the weapon's receiver.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.3 (2018-12-05)
- , an Acrid exclusive Syndicate mod.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|