The Ack and Brunt is an axe & shield set used by Tyl Regor that boasts a high critical hit chance in exchange for a low attack speed. It also has the unique ability to absorb elemental attacks on block to empower the weapon's next attack.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance.
- Blocking elemental damage attacks stores a charge that increases the damage of the next attack by 17.5%. The charge can stack up to 4 times before being consumed.
- Can use the Ack & Brunt-exclusive Electromagnetic Shielding mod.
- Second lowest base damage of all sword and shields, after Silva & Aegis.
- Lowest status chance of all sword and shields.
- Second slowest attack speed of all sword and shields, after Silva & Aegis Prime.
- Blocking elemental damage attacks creates a stack that increases the damage of the next attack by 17.5% stacks. The effect can stack up to 4 times before being consumed, increasing the damage up to 70%.
- The damage bonus increases additively with elemental mods, which can also combine with elemental mods from the weapon to became a combined elements.For example, if your Ack & Brunt is using Electricity damage, blocking Toxin damage will combine it into Corrosive damage.
- Elemental damage taken by nearby allies via Electromagnetic Shielding can be converted to stacks.
- The Ack & Brunt's high critical hit chance makes it ideal for Berserker, which can be used to compensate for its slow attack speed.
- Using the Ack & Brunt with Final Harbinger, Blood Rush and/or Gladiator Mods allows players to quickly gather hits for the Combo Counter, rapidly boosting the Ack & Brunt's critical chance.
- Absorbing enemy attacks allows players to almost double the amount of damage they can deal.
- This is useful when focusing on taking down heavy units in a crowd.
- Do note however that stacks are expended if an enemy melee attack is parried.
- (Corrupted) Bombard rockets can add up to two stacks of elemental damage, allowing players to collect stacks faster.
- This is the weapon of choice for Tyl Regor following Update 17.0, though instead of holding the weapon, Tyl Regor is able to attach the axe and shield to the ends of his cybernetic limbs in place of his Knux hands. Regor, however, explicitly refers to Ack as a gavel.
- Tyl Regor uses a different design for the shield, as it is normally part of his helmet/headdress (or perhaps vice-versa). The Tenno version presumably adapts the shield to collapse so that it does not take up as much room when stowed.
- The text on the inner part of the shield translates to "Meat Protector".
Ack & Brunt Skins
Last updated: Update 26.0
- Tyl Regor, the inventor and user of the Ack & Brunt.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|