Acceltra is Gauss's signature fully automatic rocket launcher that fires micro-missiles in rapid succession with high critical chance, critical multiplier, and fire rate, and a large, 3-meter explosion radius. To provide safety for its user, the rockets arm after traveling 7 meters in midair. Uniquely, this weapon reloads faster while sprinting, and reloads even faster when wielded by Gauss.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture and Impact damage – effective against armor and shields.
- Tied with Battacor for the highest critical chance of all fully automatic rifles.
- Very high critical multiplier.
- High fire rate.
- High accuracy.
- Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Rockets have a guaranteed Impact proc.
- Rockets explode in a 3 meter radius after impacting a surface or enemy.
- Rockets have a minimum arming distance of 7 meters, mitigating self-damage.
- Reloads 0.3 seconds faster while sprinting (0.6 when used by Gauss).
- Draws from the rifle ammo pool, as opposed to the rare sniper ammo pool that other launchers use.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Very low status chance.
- Explosions can cause self-damage.
- Minimum travel length of 7 meters before being explosive should prevent accidental self-damage unless rapidly moving towards the rocket's impact area before it explodes.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Extremely low ammo capacity; requires just 2 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
- Cannot use the Firestorm mod.
AcquisitionAcceltra's main blueprint can be obtained from defeating Demolisher Infested on the Dark Sector mission Ur, Uranus.
|Main Blueprint||1.25%||80 kills||549 ± 183 kills|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
- Demolisher Infested are unaffected by Nekros' Desecrate, Hydroid's Pilfering Swarm, Khora's Pilfering Strangledome, Atlas's Ore Gaze, Ivara's Prowl, or Chesa Kubrow's Retrieve.
- Sprinting does not decrease Acceltra's reload time but accelerates reload progress.
- Transitioning from other movements to sprinting, while reloading, makes the progress go faster, and vice versa.
- When used by Gauss, the faster reload from sprinting is ?.
- The Acceltra's rockets have a minimum arming distance of 7 meters, meaning that they will not explode if they make contact with objects or enemies within that range, and thus making the Acceltra safe to use in close quarters combat.
- Rocket explosions have a radius of 3 meters and push away any targets in range.
- The damage listed is both the direct impact of the projectile and the explosion.
- Hunter Munitions is recommended as the Acceltra's high critical chance allows it to compensate for the low Slash damage and low Status chance, dealing Bleed procs to groups of enemies.
- Although the arming distance is unaffected by projectile flight speed, it is recommended to avoid Riven Mods that reduce it to avoid getting caught in the blast radius.
- Due to its low ammo reserves and faster reload while sprinting, the player should always be on the move to keep the weapon firing at a consistent pace.
- Running a Carrier or Carrier Prime sentinel equipped with Ammo Case will greatly help with ammo management when using this weapon.
- The mechanics of both the Acceltra and the Akarius are similar to Gyrojet firearms, which were developed in the 1960s and also fired small rockets that armed themselves as they traveled out of the gun. In real life, accuracy and reliability issues meant that the Gyrojets never entered mass production.
- The "fins" on the Acceltra's barrel are where the rockets are stored, and hatches on top of them open up while firing or reloading.