Orokin modification technology used to super-charge weaponry.
They can either be bought for 20 under Equipment > Components, or assembled in the Foundry after finding its blueprint. These blueprints can be obtained in one of six ways:
- From Alert missions, Gift Of The Lotus alerts in particular.
- From Invasion battle pay.
- As a potential Daily Tribute.
- As a Tactical Alert reward.
- As a reward for completing a Sortie.
- As a reward for completing the Stolen Dreams quest.
After being built, the blueprint disappears, requiring it to be obtained again to build another Orokin Catalyst.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 20||Blueprint Price: N/A|
Installing an Orokin Catalyst편집
To install an Orokin Catalyst on a weapon, go to your Arsenal, and select Upgrade. From there, click the Actions button located just below your mod list and select Upgrade.
How it works편집
An applied Orokin Catalyst will double the mod capacity of a weapon. This increases the total power that can be consumed by mods, but not the number of mod slots. A rank 1 weapon with a Catalyst installed will have a capacity of 2, which will increase to 60 at rank 30. Unlike Forma, Catalysts can only be applied to a weapon once.
It does not matter when the catalyst is installed; the capacity of a weapon with a Catalyst installed will always be double its rank.
- Orokin Catalysts are often referred to by players as 'blue potatoes' (as opposed to Orokin Reactors, called 'golden potatoes'), or in some cases, simply 'potatoes.' This originated from a short animation called "War friends" on YouTube; this was later tweeted by the Warframe Twitter and referenced by the Devs.
- The Potato T-shirt available in the official Warframe merchandise store is a reference to this.
- Weapons bought with platinum from the Market come pre-installed with a Catalyst and their own weapon slot.
- Once applied to a weapon, it cannot be taken off to use on another one. (This also applies to Orokin Reactors). Also, if the player builds a dual-wielded weapon using a weapon that has the Catalyst applied, or upgrades a weapon that has a Catalyst, the Catalyst will not be transferred to the new weapon.
- Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are not removed after applying a forma.